Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
spurious safety trips
I have a pair of Ditec swing gates and recently they have developed a problem.
Sometimes when the command to close is given the gates start closing then open before reaching their closed position.
Watching the control panel there is a "safety contact" light flashes on then off causing above.
The only safety feature in the system that I am aware of is the sensors on both brick piers protecting pedestrians / cars when the gates are closing.
The sensor faces are clean and as far as I can determine the cable in good.
Can I remove the sensor cable from the circuit to prove this or do I need to fit a "jumper" in the terminal block to get the gates to work without the sensors in circuit.
Thanks
(28-10-2020, 06:59 PM)cully Wrote: I have a pair of Ditec swing gates and recently they have developed a problem.
Sometimes when the command to close is given the gates start closing then open before reaching their closed position.
Watching the control panel there is a "safety contact" light flashes on then off causing above.
The only safety feature in the system that I am aware of is the sensors on both brick piers protecting pedestrians / cars when the gates are closing.
Can I remove the sensor cable from the circuit to prove this or do I need to fit a "jumper" in the terminal block to get the gates to work without the sensors in circuit.
Thanks

Hi Cully,

You will need to fit a jumper between the photocell connection and the common. This will imitate the photocell connection, this would prove if it was the photocells or not. You wouldn't need to remove the photocell cabling just add the bridge/jumper and remove once testing is completed.

Hope this helps.
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(30-10-2020, 09:53 AM)RyanB Wrote:
(28-10-2020, 06:59 PM)cully Wrote: I have a pair of Ditec swing gates and recently they have developed a problem.
Thanks

Hi Cully,

You will need to fit a jumper between the photocell connection and the common. This will imitate the photocell connection, this would prove if it was the photocells or not. You wouldn't need to remove the photocell cabling just add the bridge/jumper and remove once testing is completed.

Hope this helps.

T
Thanks Ryan
When the fault occurred I tried to unlock the leafs from the electric motors and both gate locks were seized.
Gates off, locks now ok. And gates cleaned up then back to the sensor issue.
Found both sensor lens obscured with spiders web etc.
Now ok and gates seem to be operating well
Cully