Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
391 not responsive
Hi, I have a FAAC 391 swing gate opener set, which has the E0245 board. All's been fine for months, but the other day the gates spontaneously opened, then after that won't close with the key switch, fobs or keypad.

I removed the radio module in case it was receiving spurious radio signals from the fobs or keypad, no change - the key switch - which is across Open A, does nothing. I've tried shorting the switch pins out on the board in case its a switch/wiring issue - no change.

I did a factory reset, ran the auto setup which worked fine, then set the logic to EP, all looks OK, but still no response from either OPEN A or OPEN B pins.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

A
(27-01-2020, 10:55 AM)alinton Wrote: Hi, I have a FAAC 391 swing gate opener set, which has the E0245 board. All's been fine for months, but the other day the gates spontaneously opened, then after that won't close with the key switch, fobs or keypad.

I removed the radio module in case it was receiving spurious radio signals from the fobs or keypad, no change - the key switch - which is across Open A, does nothing. I've tried shorting the switch pins out on the board in case its a switch/wiring issue - no change.

I did a factory reset, ran the auto setup which worked fine, then set the logic to EP, all looks OK, but still no response from either OPEN A or OPEN B pins.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

A

May be a bluebus issue / Photocells. Look on the control panel there is a red connector. Below is the instructions to relearn the photocells. Below that is a description of the Bus led light status.

You can add the BUS photocells to the system at any time, simply by memory-storing them on the board, observing the following procedure:
Install and program the accessories using the required address (see paragraph 7.1)
Cut power to the board.
Connect the two accessories cables to the red terminalboard J10 (any polarity will do).
Power up the board, taking care to first connect the main power supply (transformer output) and then any batteries and wait for the BUS LED to light on.
Quickly press once only the SW1 (SETUP) push-button, to execute learning.
The BUS LED flashes.
Give an OPEN impulse, leaves will move and the BUS learning procedure is over.
The board has memory stored the BUS accessories.
Follow the instructions in the table below to check if the BUS connection is correct. Tab. 4 -

Description of buS LED
Steady light
Normal operation (LED ON even in the absence of photocells)

Slow flashing lamp (flash every 0.5 sec)
At least one input engaged: photocell engaged or not aligned, Open A or Open B or Stop input engaged

Light OFF (flash every 2.5 sec)
BUS line short circuited

Fast flashing lamp (flash every 0.2 sec)
If you have detected a BUS connection error, repeat the acquisition procedure. If the error is repeated, make sure that there is no more than one accessory with the same address in the system (also see the accessories instructions

Access Control Ltd
(27-01-2020, 10:55 AM)alinton Wrote: Hi, I have a FAAC 391 swing gate opener set, which has the E0245 board. All's been fine for months, but the other day the gates spontaneously opened, then after that won't close with the key switch, fobs or keypad.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

A
HI,
this to me sounds to be a short on your command inputs such as your keyswitch as obviously what has happened is that the cables have deteriorated over time causing an open command to be ever present.

to diagnose this disconnect these from all of the inputs in the board and give it a try!
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products