Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 2.52 Average
BFT Rigel 5--how to set swing gate slow close at end ?
BFT Rigel 5 with with two electromechanical operators Swinging gate inherited from the previous home owner, left no clue of what it is  or what so ever. 

I suppose this is called End-of-run speed slow-down? Basically it used to slow down a lot just before both gate reaching the fully closed position, and make a gently touch to close completely. 

Here is how is started, initially the one the gate ( Motor1) begin to close slower than it used to be, and this causes the other gate (Motor 2) to reach the fully stop position earlier. 

I thought the simple solution was to increase the Leaf 2 closing delay time, however, at preset menu, I set whole thing to Automatic operation,which must changed all the other parameters and logic to Ar. 

Just wondering if anyone can shade some light on how to prevent gates from slamming during closing process? 

There are seems to be "Slow down time", Braking, and some other setting to change in Logic menu, 

I am positive that the gate used to behave like they have braking action when they were about getting to the Fully closed position. 

Much Appreciated if anyone can pointing some right directions, as the door would bang at the ground anchor stopper as they missed the slow-down effect. 
(08-07-2019, 05:16 AM)jojo351 Wrote: BFT Rigel 5 with with two electromechanical operators Swinging gate inherited from the previous home owner, left no clue of what it is  or what so ever. 

I suppose this is called End-of-run speed slow-down? Basically it used to slow down a lot just before both gate reaching the fully closed position, and make a gently touch to close completely. 

Here is how is started, initially the one the gate ( Motor1) begin to close slower than it used to be, and this causes the other gate (Motor 2) to reach the fully stop position earlier. 

I thought the simple solution was to increase the Leaf 2 closing delay time, however, at preset menu, I set whole thing to Automatic operation,which must changed all the other parameters and logic to Ar. 

Just wondering if anyone can shade some light on how to prevent gates from slamming during closing process? 

There are seems to be "Slow down time", Braking, and some other setting to change in Logic menu, 

I am positive that the gate used to behave like they have braking action when they were about getting to the Fully closed position. 

Much Appreciated if anyone can pointing some right directions, as the door would bang at the ground anchor stopper as they missed the slow-down effect. 
Hi,

it possibly could be due to the size of the gates and the function not being as effective over time.

it could also be a glitch on the panel.

do you also have physical limit switches in the top of your motor.

are they still working?
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
They don't have limit switches, somehow increase the motor torque and slowdown time/show down torque works. I figured that increased Motor torque would amplify the effect of slow down effect, given the slow down torque set to maximum of 99. One thing I am not sure is the braking effect and open/close impulse. Manufacturer, for some reason, not willing to explain more about these effect to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 906 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 610 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,067 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  Thalia - Photocell Close J to the D 1 514 19-01-2024, 09:54 AM
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 867 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 1,815 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
  Rigel 6 conections Muttlymoo1979 0 1,020 21-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Muttlymoo1979
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,510 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Er 10 code on RIGEL 6 control unit Eddiew 1 2,310 05-01-2023, 11:53 AM