Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Oil top up/ change
Hi all,
My BFT Sub R is 13 years old and has been working fine until last winter; the first leaf started to open slowly to the point that the second leaf would push it out. Once it starts going, it is fine. I can also hear the motor winding. It locks down fine. Now it stops on occasions when it has not been used for a few days. Again, once it starts going, it works absolutely fine.

I released the gate with the key and put the leaf in the open position. The oil is not even visible but there must be some in there to open and close the gate. I am not sure if I have followed the correct process to check the oil. So my guess is it is badly in need of oil. I cannot see any signs of leakage. It has never had any oil in the past!

My questions:
1- to exchange the oil, do you keep topping it up with the new oil and bleed the old oil out?
2- what is the best way to top up: is it to release the gate with the key and keep it in the open position and then pour in the oil?
3- to bleed the air/oil do you keep the gate released and manually open and close it while bleeding from the bleed nipples?
4- is Idrolux 32 suitable?

many thanks
Hi,

I believe this will help.

Please see figure 17/ 17.1.

Best of luck.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(01-07-2019, 09:46 AM)JoeF Wrote: Hi,

Best of luck.
Thank you very much for the reply. Was there an image with your post? I can't see it.

Kind Regards
(01-07-2019, 06:36 PM)Adrian55 Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 09:46 AM)JoeF Wrote: Hi,

Best of luck.
Thank you very much for the reply. Was there an image with your post? I can't see it.

Kind Regards
Hi,

Please see below...
https://manuals.easygates.co.uk/wp-conte...manual.pdf
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sub BT oil change wbryce 4 9,239 28-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Last Post: wbryce
  Altair-P gates now move in opposite direction with any change to wiring william.helsby 1 6,809 24-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post: william.helsby