Thread Rating:
  • 56 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
CAME remote range
Hi all. I had a CAME ZM3E system installed to my gates over a year ago. No problems until recently. The remote-fob range has reduced from approx 30 m. to approx 2 m. Sometimes it activates from maybe 4 or 5 metres and sometimes i have to hold the fob next to control box or the ariel to activate. Gates are working fine and no problem with the keypad. The remote system is TOP 432 and is 433.92  MHz. Have renewed the batteries. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
hi

disconect aerial and try without
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
Thanks Tom. Gave it a go but lost range altogether, had to hold fob close to control panel. Reconnected Ariel and range back to approx 3 metres. Thanks anyway
hi
the receiver may be damaged or there may be interference from gsm antenna or diferent sources.

there is no reason to give up too soon ... I think it's worth to take off the radio, plug it in again. erase the remotes and program again ....
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
Thank you again Tom. I'll get that done asap. On the question of interference I installed a lamp on the pillar very close and level with the Ariel, could this interfere with the signal. Thanks
hi
that lamp shoudn't make any trouble .

important is to have shielded antenna wire !
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
Cheers Tom much appreciated
Thanks Tom. Remotes back to full range again. Changed radio card but didn't need to reprogramme fobs. Thanks again.