Thread Rating:
  • 141 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Identify which BFT motors
Hi I recently bought some used gates from a reclaim yard and they came with 2 BFT motors attached. I was looking into how much it would cost to buy the rest of the kit. But need to test see if they work first

Trouble is after searching the web I think they are Phobos motors unable to tell if they are 24v or the 230 version

Could anyone help me with some advise how to find out which they are. I don’t want put mains power to it to test if they are 24v

If helps their are 4 wires coming out of the cable 
Blue
Black
Brown
Green/yellow

I can add pictures if helps

Thank you
[attachment=280     Hi I hope these help mine are 230v

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the reply George. Unfortunately not the same. I should of mentioned mine are for swinging gates not sliding.

Hopefully I have now attached some pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

I thought I would update the post just on the off chance someone in the future had the same problem.

After some tests and endless internet searching I now know.

1. These are BFT Phobos motors pre face lift model
2. They are powered via 230v
3. BFT compatible control box originally Rigel 5 (now obsolete) So would need a Rigel 6 but they are exspensive. I have taken a chance and ordered a universal board and receiver that comes with remotes at less than half the price of the Rigel. Touch would it works lol
4. Motor Wiring as follows
Blue - Neutral
Black - Close gates
Brown - Open gates
Green/yellow - Earth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parallel (or not) gate motors Ian Evans 1 2,404 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SamA
  bft reigel 5 wireing of motors to control panel declanfay 1 11,296 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Mark