Thread Rating:
  • 165 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
Bft Rigel 5 Gates - Sticking when opening
Question 
Could anyone give a pointer? Our (fairly old) gates have started getting stuck when you try to open them. It seems the leading gate doesn't move causing the following gate to jam behind it. You then have to spend about 45 seconds stopping, sending them back to fully closed, waiting, and then trying to open again. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to do it again.

I think one of the motors might be a bit faulty, but when it works, it works perfectly so i'm not sure why it jams occasionally. I'd put the torque of the leading motor up as it wouldn't open all the way sometimes - however increasing that torque also made the jamming a lot more frequent too.

Any tips?
Hi Danny,

Thank you for your enquiry, on the Rigel 5 boards there is an LED screen which gives you an error code, if you can take a look at that we should be able to diagnose what the problem is. All failing that can you hear a humming off the motor you are having a problem with? It could be that the capacitor has failed and the one motor isn't receiving enough start up voltage.

Regards
Tim
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(22-08-2017, 11:23 AM)TimK Wrote: Hi Danny,

Thank you for your enquiry, on the Rigel 5 boards there is an LED screen which gives you an error code, if you can take a look at that we should be able to diagnose what the problem is. All failing that can you hear a humming off the motor you are having a problem with? It could be that the capacitor has failed and the one motor isn't receiving enough start up voltage.

Regards
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me. No error code on the board. I went into the menu a couple of days ago and tried to stagger the opening of the gates to see that would help.

The lead gate opens first now by a second or two, however - it'll open a little and stop. This is obviously what was happening before only straight away.

If I lower the torque, the lead gate opens more reliably but seems to lose power at 70% open and stops unless you give it a push to open all the way.

If you increase the torque the gate opens fine, but you have the problem of it stopping when it starts opening much more often. If you've go it past it stopping it'll open and close every time reliably until you leave it for a few hours and it'll go back to stopping.

Does it sound like it might be a faulty motor?
Hi Danny,

i would possibly check the capacitors as an issue as they may not be doing their job in giving the motors a surge of enough power to function.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 608 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 865 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT opening problem 8 44,921 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
  Rigel 6 conections Muttlymoo1979 0 1,017 21-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Muttlymoo1979
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 2,885 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Er 10 code on RIGEL 6 control unit Eddiew 1 2,307 05-01-2023, 11:53 AM
  BFT Rigel 6 - Buttons suddenly stop working RobE 5 4,423 10-10-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Gates not fully closing stefen1978@hotmail.co.uk 2 2,660 10-10-2022, 10:07 AM
  BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper jc.34@outlook.com 8 8,256 19-08-2022, 09:30 AM
  Best BFT for closed aluminium gates rafp 1 2,964 13-04-2022, 11:38 AM