Thread Rating:
  • 176 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Daitem D5131 not working
Sad
Hello all your techies out there on the www
I have two pair of electric gates on my in/out driveways. They have been working fine but this morning the indoor handset remote/speaker phone will not operate either set of gates.
The gates work fine with my key fob(s) or by entering the code etc on the gatepost.
I have checked and cleaned all the outside sensors.
The handset 'beeps' and shows the gates as operating (but they are not)so I guess the rechargeable battery is not flat. Could it be the code in the handset has been corrupted and requires resetting? If so, I don't know what the code is or how to reset it.
Your guidance will be much appreciated.
[/size][/font]
Regards
Steve
Hi Steve,

If the gate is working on other access controls then the issue would be with the hand set. Have you done a battery test on the battery to ensure its not flat? What voltage/amp ratings are they and how long has the battery been in place. Although its rechargeable, doesn't mean it hasn't failed. Is the radio handset receiver connected to the control panel, check all physical connections. Also check the power supply to the receiver unit to ensure you have the correct voltage supplied.

When you press the "open" button on the hand set, do you get any lights or indications from the handset or receiver that its getting a signal? if you do, look at the receiver to gate control panel connections.

Let me know how you get on. (if in doubt change the batteries to new ones, always a problem with wireless access)

Thanks
PAJ

(27-04-2017, 11:23 AM)Steve Thomson Wrote: Sad
I have two pair of electric gates on my in/out driveways. They have been working fine but this morning the indoor handset remote/speaker phone will not operate either set of gates.
The gates work fine with my key fob(s) or by entering the code etc on the gatepost.
The handset 'beeps' and shows the gates as operating (but they are not)so I guess the rechargeable battery is not flat. Could it be the code in the handset has been corrupted and requires resetting? If so, I don't know what the code is or how to reset it.
[/size][/font]
Regards
Steve
Let me know how you get in, keep us all updated.

Thanks
PAJ
http://securitysystems.createaforum.com/index.php
https://twitter.com/Securit40267025
(29-04-2017, 09:37 AM)MrDiagnostics Wrote: Hi Steve,

If the gate is working on other access controls then the issue would be with the hand set. Have you done a battery test on the battery to ensure its not flat? What voltage/amp ratings are they and how long has the battery been in place. Although its rechargeable, doesn't mean it hasn't failed. Is the radio handset receiver connected to the control panel, check all physical connections. Also check the power supply to the receiver unit to ensure you have the correct voltage supplied.

When you press the "open" button on the hand set, do you get any lights or indications from the handset or receiver that its getting a signal? if you do, look at the receiver to gate control panel connections.

Let me know how you get on. (if in doubt change the batteries to new ones, always a problem with wireless access)

Thanks
PAJ

(27-04-2017, 11:23 AM)Steve Thomson Wrote: Sad
[/size][/font]
Regards
Steve

Hi PAJ
Thanks for your earlier help, I changed the batteries ( uprated them to a higher capacity )and the gates worked fine for about a month or so.They have failed again just on the handset. I can use them with the fobs or the gate keypad.
Should I reset the handset? if so how do I do it and re-code it to the gates receiver?Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything Daitem GM Techtronics Ltd 1 7,158 04-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Dickwarbs