Thread Rating:
  • 169 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rigel 4 and Clonix not receiving signals
We have gates controlled by a Rigel 4 unit with a Clonix radio receiver.
They have been very reliable for about 15 years but now they don't seem to be receiving any signals from the transmitters.
The LEDs on the main PCB are lit up correctly as described by the manual and all 3 fuses appear intact.
I wondered if the receiver has lost it's programming but when I pressed the microswitch on the Clonix board the LED on this PCB doesn't light up at all so I'm now of the opinion that the Clonix unit is the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try to troubleshoot the problem ?

Thanks,

Paul
(04-03-2017, 02:12 PM)apbran Wrote: We have gates controlled by a Rigel 4 unit with a Clonix radio receiver.
They have been very reliable for about 15 years but now they don't seem to be receiving any signals from the transmitters.
The LEDs on the main PCB are lit up correctly as described by the manual and all 3 fuses appear intact.
I wondered if the receiver has lost it's programming but when I pressed the microswitch on the Clonix board the LED on this PCB doesn't light up at all so I'm now of the opinion that the Clonix unit is the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try to troubleshoot the problem ?

Thanks,

Paul

hi

did you call up any service team during 15 years ?
Best RegardsĀ 
TomĀ 
Automatic-TC
Hi,

they haven't really had any servicing in that time other than adjusting the opening and closing valves on the hydraulic rams for seasonal variation due to temperature.
(06-03-2017, 11:42 AM)apbran Wrote: Hi,

they haven't really had any servicing in that time other than adjusting the opening and closing valves on the hydraulic rams for seasonal variation due to temperature.

Hi,

Does the board work from any other input command? i.e. keypad, intercom or push switch? if they work from any of these devices then the receiver will have failed, in which case you can source a replacement receiver from ourselves. I would definitely be advising a service on the gates to prolong its life at this stage.
(09-03-2017, 11:35 AM)Sav Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 11:42 AM)apbran Wrote: Hi,

Hi,

Does the board work from any other input command? i.e. keypad, intercom or push switch? if they work from any of these devices then the receiver will have failed, in which case you can source a replacement receiver from ourselves. I would definitely be advising a service on the gates to prolong its life at this stage.

Hi Sav,

the gates are only triggered by the remote key fob AFAIK.
Are the new receivers compatible with the Rigel 4 boards?
I see that the Rigel 4 is not made any more.

The gate rams must be well overdue for a service by now.

regards,

Paul
Hi,

We need to determine whether it's a remote or board issue. The way we check this is by pulsing the start command with a short piece of cable. If the gate does not move, the fault would be either board or safety related. If you pulse terminals 28 & 30, the gate may start moving.
Hi

back home for the weekend so managed to investigate further.
A short pulse of signal between 29 and 30 closes the gates and between 28 and 30 opens them.

So it is looking like a fault on the Clonix board IMHO.

regards,

Paul

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT Rigel 6 stevew 3 1,477 29-08-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Rigel 5 - second keypad stopped working HarefieldHse 1 1,539 03-07-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Rigel 5 , gates won't open Nameloc 0 3,672 25-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Nameloc
  Strange gate operation Rigel controller Philreghse 0 6,661 10-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Philreghse
  BFT Rigel LUX FC actuators erratic Berrystead 0 5,118 31-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Berrystead
  BFT Rigel 5 graham 2 13,452 20-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: graham
  BFT Rigel 5 Remote sync Nicks 1 11,893 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Mark