Thread Rating:
  • 166 Vote(s) - 2.72 Average
Help please LA 400 wont close
Hi , I have Liftmaster double swing gates, LA 400 5 years old. They usually open ok but closing is often a problem. When trying to close they will move , sometimes a foot or 6 inches and then stop, when you press remote again they open fully. sometimes they will close no problem , but often its after 10 15 attempts.
I have changed the batteries. was thinking of changing the photocells as one looks a little damaged, but led still on.
gates move freely when unlocked- there are no obstructions?
Could it be the battery charger in the unit?

Thanks for any help
Hello

This could be a number of problems causing the issue, i would probably prefer to see some pictures of this installation, if you could forward me some photos to sav@easygates.co.uk i will be happy to take a look a diagnose the issue

(30-01-2015, 02:54 PM)Steved Wrote: Hi , I have Liftmaster double swing gates, LA 400 5 years old. They usually open ok but closing is often a problem. When trying to close they will move , sometimes a foot or 6 inches and then stop, when you press remote again they open fully. sometimes they will close no problem , but often its after 10 15 attempts.
I have changed the batteries. was thinking of changing the photocells as one looks a little damaged, but led still on.
gates move freely when unlocked- there are no obstructions?
Could it be the battery charger in the unit?

Thanks for any help

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Failure of Swing Gates to Close Auto A C John 1 9,168 28-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: MWJONES