Thread Rating:
  • 218 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
mHouse and Enterview 4
Hi!

I have an Enterview 4 intercom system that I would like to integrate with my mHouse gate openers, I have wired NO and COM to the OPEN terminals on the gate, and entered the code on the intercom, expecting the gates to open, however, nothing happens, can anyone advise what I can do please?
Slight update, I have re wired the enterview due to an issue with the cabling. I still have an issue with the gate automation whereby the gates open themselves and lock in the open position when the NO and COM connections are made to the OPEN terminals on the gates

Enterview connections:
[Image: photo3_zps872bf96e.jpg]

Gate connections:
[Image: photo2_zps9bb7bbc3.jpg]

[Image: photo1_zps60c949b6.jpg]
The OPEN contacts on the mhouse control board are "dry contacts", meaning you (or your intercom) should not feed voltage to them or you may damage the board. If your intercom outputs voltage (probably 12 VDC), then you have to install a matching change over relay (the NO and COM contacts of your intercom will be connected to the relay coil and the START contacts will be connected to the Normally Open output of the change over relay).

Using a multimeter to check if the intercom outputs some voltage and if the NO/NC markings are what you expect is a good idea.
I've been advised that the outputs from the intercom are 0v but I'm reading 0.3v and 0v when the code is entered to unlock. I've been told to wire a relay in like this but can't help thinking all I'm doing is supplying 12v to the relay permanently?

[Image: C612C457-5705-4A02-9F5E-DB1402B05057_zps4wwzfet5.jpg]
You are right - the diagram you attached looks wrong. As far as I can tell, page 8 of http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Da...Manual.pdf or page 7 of http://www.gatemotors.co.uk/PDF/EV5_Manual.pdf describes what you have to do (with the coil of the change over relay connected in place of the Yale lock release):

a.1) +12 VDC (+) from keypad power supply unit => COM of keypad
a.2) 0V (-) from keypad power supply unit=> 0V of keypad

b.1) keypad N.O. => 1st contact of relay coil
b.2) keypad 0V => 2nd contact of relay coil

c.1) relay COM to 1st contact of mhouse START
c.2) relay N.O. to 1st contact of mhouse START
Thank you for your reply, I haven't had chance to try this yet, but will update this thread with the outcome!
Hi, I've just installed the relay, and it works! Thanks for your help Smile
Glad to hear that. Happy holidays.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mhouse and Aiphone natcas 1 2,302 19-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Michael