Thread Rating:
  • 321 Vote(s) - 2.72 Average
Wiring control panel apritech mach2 230v
Note that the mechanical stops for the fully open position must be located so that the gate is not permitted to open more than the maximum opening angle suggested for your particular installation geometry (distance of the operator fixed pivot point from the axis of the hinges) which is usually 90 to 120 degrees. If you go too far, then when closing starts the operator will not be able to create enough torque to get the leaf moving. It is also suggested that you use stops with rubber pads. As for the mechanical stops for the fully open position, if your gate has 2 leaves then it should be positioned on the floor, where the closed leaves meet (and be able to stop both leaves). It should also be short enough that it doesn't damage the underside of a vehicle.

In regards with the gate opening "by itself": If automatic closing is not enabled (DIP #1 => OFF to disable it) then logic dictates that the control board, somehow (via remote or button), received a movement command (or, but not that very common, that the board is damaged).

It is hard to say what may be the cause without more info. Does the gate always close by itself after a certain pause time of no more than a few minutes? (this would indicate automatic closing is enabled). Does it also inadvertently open? (this may indicate accidental commanding via remote or button). Are the remotes using fixed code or not? (if using fixed code, and especially if the code programmed isn't random enough, the receiver may easily be fooled by other emissions). Does it persist if you disconnect the button wires? Does it persist if you erase the receiver memory? Is there some pattern in this behavior?
(05-12-2014, 10:37 AM)thm Wrote: Note that the mechanical stops for the fully open position must be located so that the gate is not permitted to open more than the maximum opening angle suggested for your particular installation geometry (distance of the operator fixed pivot point from the axis of the hinges) which is usually 90 to 120 degrees. If you go too far, then when closing starts the operator will not be able to create enough torque to get the leaf moving. It is also suggested that you use stops with rubber pads. As for the mechanical stops for the fully open position, if your gate has 2 leaves then it should be positioned on the floor, where the closed leaves meet (and be able to stop both leaves). It should also be short enough that it doesn't damage the underside of a vehicle.

In regards with the gate opening "by itself": If automatic closing is not enabled (DIP #1 => OFF to disable it) then logic dictates that the control board, somehow (via remote or button), received a movement command (or, but not that very common, that the board is damaged).

It is hard to say what may be the cause without more info. Does the gate always close by itself after a certain pause time of no more than a few minutes? (this would indicate automatic closing is enabled). Does it also inadvertently open? (this may indicate accidental commanding via remote or button). Are the remotes using fixed code or not? (if using fixed code, and especially if the code programmed isn't random enough, the receiver may easily be fooled by other emissions). Does it persist if you disconnect the button wires? Does it persist if you erase the receiver memory? Is there some pattern in this behavior?
I am after putting in the mechanical stops today, taking into consideration your notes on installing the stops, it will be a day or two before the concrete sets.
The gates closed 2 or 3 times by themselves after a couple of hours, did not open themselves.
I programmed the remotes using the control panel, don't know if fixed code??
I will disconnect the button wires on the internal intercom and see if it happens.
How do I erase receiver memory?
Do I need to erase opening/closing programme to re-programme?
I will re-programme when mechanical stops are set and dis-connect button wires and see does it close by itself? I will also check the dip-switch settings.
The board should be fine as I did nothing to damage it, I hope!!
Just wanted to ask aswell, I want to put a small light on pier at either side of the gates, so when gate opens the lights come on. It says that there are connection on the panel for a light. What amperage/wattage should I use?
Thanks,
Brian
Unless the documentation of the automation clarifies that, you would have to use a special device (frequency meter / frequency counter / frequency indicator) to see what the transmission type and the operating frequency is. Stores that copy remotes, frequently have such devices. The e-bay page, to which you linked, says "n° 1 Rolling Code 5-channels transmitter (Fixed Code on request)" so fixed code isn't totally out of the question.

The problem with the fixed code remotes is that they sometimes have been factory programmed with very "regular" patterns that can be easily repeated by other transmitters. If this is the case you must find a way to use another, more random code (you may try erasing the receiver memory and the registering another button of the remote you have).

For the moment, forget about the remotes until you eliminate the button as a culprit (by disconnecting it from the board and watching what if the problem appears again).

The control board documentation says nothing about maximum power for flashing or courtesy lights. Most control boards can handle at least 60 Watts even with two motors present. If you are going to use courtesy lights with even greater power, using an auxiliary (intermediate) relay is highly recommended. For courtesy lights you may also want to install a day/night sensor in series with the courtesy light output so that the lights stay off during the day. Don't forget to use cables suitable for outdoor installation (for example ΝΥΥ-O 2x1.0 mm2 or equivalent) running through conduit.
Hi,
My gate were opening by themselves and I only found out why!
It's because of my neighbours gates, when he uses his fob to open his, mine opens.
Can anybody tell me how to get around this, please help?
Hi thm,
I have been reading the thread with interest as I have also recently bought the same system, I have installed everything and its all working apart from -
the learning cycle has been entered and the openers operate correctly for a while, then after 12 hours or so both only open half way! as if they have forgotten the timings, I've tried reprogramming many times but the same occurs.
I have given up with Dieffematic tech support, pidgeon English and no help!, they did mention I need limit switches fitted, would this be correct?, I haven't as I cant get power supply's to them and the manual says they are not needed?
hopefully i'm doing something wrong and its not the software but I cant see what.
I would greatly appreciate your advise
many thanks cvc
Dear cvc I can just offer a couple of suggestions. First of all, your gate should have positive stops (mechanical stops) in both the fully open and fully closed position. When programming the control board you must allow each gate leaf to touch the open/closed position stop, wait 1-2 sec and then press PG1/PG2 to stop the operation of the motor. What you want to achieve is having the operators pushing against the stops for at least 1-2 sec (up to 4-5 sec is quite normal). This ensures that the leafs will always start their movement from the correct position and that, even if they encounter some resistance (ie wind force pushing the gate leafs in the opposite direction), they will complete the movement. Without positive stops, don't expect the gate to operate properly.

You can also try increasing the setting of trimmer T2 (turning it to the right).
Many thanks THM,
At last, some sense!
I have positive stops on 3 of the positions, I will put the fourth in place and re programme.
thanks again

(17-07-2015, 04:50 PM)thm Wrote: Dear cvc I can just offer a couple of suggestions. First of all, your gate should have positive stops (mechanical stops) in both the fully open and fully closed position. When programming the control board you must allow each gate leaf to touch the open/closed position stop, wait 1-2 sec and then press PG1/PG2 to stop the operation of the motor. What you want to achieve is having the operators pushing against the stops for at least 1-2 sec (up to 4-5 sec is quite normal). This ensures that the leafs will always start their movement from the correct position and that, even if they encounter some resistance (ie wind force pushing the gate leafs in the opposite direction), they will complete the movement. Without positive stops, don't expect the gate to operate properly.

You can also try increasing the setting of trimmer T2 (turning it to the right).
(30-07-2015, 08:27 AM)cvc Wrote: Many thanks THM,
At last, some sense!
I have positive stops on 3 of the positions, I will put the fourth in place and re programme.
thanks again

(17-07-2015, 04:50 PM)thm Wrote: Dear cvc I can just offer a couple of suggestions. First of all, your gate should have positive stops (mechanical stops) in both the fully open and fully closed position. When programming the control board you must allow each gate leaf to touch the open/closed position stop, wait 1-2 sec and then press PG1/PG2 to stop the operation of the motor. What you want to achieve is having the operators pushing against the stops for at least 1-2 sec (up to 4-5 sec is quite normal). This ensures that the leafs will always start their movement from the correct position and that, even if they encounter some resistance (ie wind force pushing the gate leafs in the opposite direction), they will complete the movement. Without positive stops, don't expect the gate to operate properly.

Hi Again, all 4 mechanical stops in place, re programmed, worked ok for a while then does their own thing again, do you think there's a problem with the software?
thanks
Looks like a problem with the control board. You should contact your supplier about that.

One last thing that you could check is your power supply. You should read close to 240 VAC on your multimeter (measured on the side of the control board). If the voltage is significantly lower than that, the control board may behave in very unexpected ways.
Hi, sorry to hijack the tread. I've had many of the problems discussed in this thread.

After reading through it looks like I can solve most of my problems with mechanical stops. Another problem I am having is with the speed of the gates, even after turning the trimmer all the way down they still seem to be quite fast. Especially in the beginning and end of the stoke, they start with a big jerk before slowing to a acceptable pace (which is still a little quick) before a final jerk as it comes near to where I wish them to stop.

I am not using the slowing feature as it doesn't seem to be slowing them at all. Am I right in think that turning them (the trimmer) to the left = slower? I also cannot understand after reading the manual what trimmer 3 is for. It says it controls the break time?

I have installed 2 capacitors as per the manual, if I was to remove these would it slow the beginning of travel down or would the motors fail to operate at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advanced.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Looking for gate control help everettc4 1 6,415 05-02-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JamieF
  Wiring a maglock Solvika 0 6,268 09-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Solvika
  Q80A Control Box Paj 0 7,082 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Paj
Wink Geniss Gates with Genius BRAIN 03 Control Board 4LPS 3 17,500 10-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Last Post: 4LPS