Thread Rating:
  • 209 Vote(s) - 2.95 Average
BFT Igea 240V
Just noticed this evening that my gates are constantly cycling, open and closing.

There's the programmed 30 sec delay after opening, before closing. But as soon as the gates close, they start opening again.

I've done the obligatory switch on and off the mains but it hasn't made a difference.

Also, tried mixtures of switching off, manually opening or closing, then switching back on. Again, no difference. Photocells are unobstructed too.

Any ideas for things I can check/try before I call an engineer out?
(15-05-2014, 08:49 PM)tphilbo Wrote: Just noticed this evening that my gates are constantly cycling, open and closing.

There's the programmed 30 sec delay after opening, before closing. But as soon as the gates close, they start opening again.

I've done the obligatory switch on and off the mains but it hasn't made a difference.

Also, tried mixtures of switching off, manually opening or closing, then switching back on. Again, no difference. Photocells are unobstructed too.

Any ideas for things I can check/try before I call an engineer out?

Make sure that the gates are not closing & breaking the photocell signal as this will trigger the gates to re-open & then auto close constantly. A physical stop in the driveway is always recommended & usually prevents this from happening.
Thanks, I did think that may be happening and checked that it wasn't. And it wasn't. Even gave the photocells a clean to make sure there was nothing on them.

Interestingly, I left the gates switched off at the mains overnight and the gates are now working fine - have been all day.