Thread Rating:
  • 240 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
Photocell rewiring
Hi - hoping someone can help me please. Whilst removing ivy from the gatepost I have accidently pulled the wires out of the photocell (the receiver I think). Knowing nothing about electric gates I would really appreciate some advice on how to rewire it. I've attached a couple of pictures showing the wires and inside the photocell. Unfortunately, we didn't install the gate and the previous owners left us no paperwork so we don't know the make and can't see any thing to indicate it anywhere.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

I am struggling to find the exact manufacture of these photocells so can't really shed any light on the wiring of them. I would need for you to find out the manufacturers of your gate system, along with the model number of the control panel which operates your gates. As far as the existing wiring is concerned, you might want to connect the wires into a connector block separately and keep them dry as there might be a live pair there of 24V. If there were to be any water to short these out, you might blow a fuse on the board or worse, damage the main pcb.

Kindest regards
Dave

(22-04-2014, 01:09 PM)jepelite Wrote: Hi - hoping someone can help me please. Whilst removing ivy from the gatepost I have accidently pulled the wires out of the photocell (the receiver I think). Knowing nothing about electric gates I would really appreciate some advice on how to rewire it. I've attached a couple of pictures showing the wires and inside the photocell. Unfortunately, we didn't install the gate and the previous owners left us no paperwork so we don't know the make and can't see any thing to indicate it anywhere.

Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(23-04-2014, 11:21 AM)Blakey111 Wrote: I am struggling to find the exact manufacture of these photocells so can't really shed any light on the wiring of them. I would need for you to find out the manufacturers of your gate system, along with the model number of the control panel which operates your gates. As far as the existing wiring is concerned, you might want to connect the wires into a connector block separately and keep them dry as there might be a live pair there of 24V. If there were to be any water to short these out, you might blow a fuse on the board or worse, damage the main pcb.

Kindest regards
Dave

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I've posted some more pictures of the other components of the gate system - maybe these would help identify the manufacturer?

(22-04-2014, 01:09 PM)jepelite Wrote: Hi - hoping someone can help me please. Whilst removing ivy from the gatepost I have accidently pulled the wires out of the photocell (the receiver I think). Knowing nothing about electric gates I would really appreciate some advice on how to rewire it. I've attached a couple of pictures showing the wires and inside the photocell. Unfortunately, we didn't install the gate and the previous owners left us no paperwork so we don't know the make and can't see any thing to indicate it anywhere.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just realised that the name of the manufacturer was staring me in the face - Saimatic. Does this help at all??
Disclaimer: I am not completely sure that the following is the proper wiring. Use these instructions at your own risk. If what is left of the original wires does not match the wiring I suggest, then ignore my suggestion.

The photocells are probably connected as per www.nologo.info/scripts/adw_img/file/ZOOM-Z2E_ZOOM-Z1i_FIRE-FE_020513_VXX11_IT-GB-FR-DE-ES.pdf (regardless of the fact that the PDF does not refer to exactly the model of photocells you have).

If your board is PM8000 ( http://www.saimatic.info/It/pic/prodotti...ntrali.pdf‎ pp 13 and beyond) and this is the external set of photocells (the photocells on the gate pillars) then (board contact # -> receiver contact # counting from the left):

13 -> 1 or 3
14 -> 3 or 1
15 -> 4 or 5
16 -> 5 or 4

When I say "13 -> 1 or 3" and "14 -> 3 or 1" it means that if, for example, you connect 13 to 3 you must connect 14 to 1. Same goes for board contacts 15 and 16.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photocell Problem Webtoe71 4 17,159 08-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Webtoe71