Thread Rating:
  • 206 Vote(s) - 2.61 Average
Daitem 902 to CAME Frog AE 24V controller
I'm installing a CAME Frog AE24 system with a Daitem 902 entry phone. No problem with power or connecting the "open" command wires. But I'd like to have the Daitem handsets show when the gates are open - and i don't want to fit a position switch.

So, I see that the Came controller (ZLJ24) will turn on a 24V bulb connected between pins 5 and 10 when the gates are open. So I could connect this to the coil of a 24V relay and use that to mimic a position switch

Anyone see a problem with this?

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
James
Hi James,
I believe the flashing light output will only be active during opening/closing cycles. This therefore will not be active when the gate has actually reached its open position and has stayed open. Your relay will revert back to its original state without that 24v output and so will not show up on your handset. Electronically there is no change on the board which would allow you to switch a relay when the gates are in the open or closed position (only when opening or closing). Unfortunately I cant see any other way other than a magnetic switch wired back to the input on the SC200AU.

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(03-03-2014, 06:00 PM)jderuk Wrote: I'm installing a CAME Frog AE24 system with a Daitem 902 entry phone. No problem with power or connecting the "open" command wires. But I'd like to have the Daitem handsets show when the gates are open - and i don't want to fit a position switch.

So, I see that the Came controller (ZLJ24) will turn on a 24V bulb connected between pins 5 and 10 when the gates are open. So I could connect this to the coil of a 24V relay and use that to mimic a position switch

Anyone see a problem with this?

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
James