Thread Rating:
  • 262 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Hi there.
Hi everyone.
Just recently I've taken the plunge and fitted Nice metro motors to my gates along with a Daitem wireless entry kit. I have to say that the basic setup was very easy and went almost without a hitch. However, I'm now looking to fine tune things and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

At the moment I can open the gates using the handset in the house and as the gates are opening the icon flashes. When the gates are open the icon doesn't show this and I can't close the gates from the handset. I've read the installation guide a few times but, as a novice, find it a bit confusing. Is there anyone out there that can shed a bit of light on what I need to do next?

Cheers.

Daitem wireless kit SC902AU, Nice 24v metro with MC824H controller.
Hi normally the Daitem systems will only be able to show the gates status of being open/closed if you use something like a magnetic switch for when the gates are in the closed position. If you look at the manual for the Daitem you should see a N/C contact which is an input for that magnetic switch, which when switched to an open contact will show a different state of the gate on the handset.
In terms of using the handset to operate the gates to close, you may need to wire the controllers switching output into the P.P terminals on the MC824H which is the step by step function. This will send a close command if the gates are in the open position.

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(20-01-2014, 09:29 AM)Shropshire fella Wrote: Hi everyone.
Just recently I've taken the plunge and fitted Nice metro motors to my gates along with a Daitem wireless entry kit. I have to say that the basic setup was very easy and went almost without a hitch. However, I'm now looking to fine tune things and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

At the moment I can open the gates using the handset in the house and as the gates are opening the icon flashes. When the gates are open the icon doesn't show this and I can't close the gates from the handset. I've read the installation guide a few times but, as a novice, find it a bit confusing. Is there anyone out there that can shed a bit of light on what I need to do next?

Cheers.

Many thanks Dave, I'll have a look this weekend and see if I can figure it out,

Cheers.

(20-01-2014, 10:47 AM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi normally the Daitem systems will only be able to show the gates status of being open/closed if you use something like a magnetic switch for when the gates are in the closed position. If you look at the manual for the Daitem you should see a N/C contact which is an input for that magnetic switch, which when switched to an open contact will show a different state of the gate on the handset.
In terms of using the handset to operate the gates to close, you may need to wire the controllers switching output into the P.P terminals on the MC824H which is the step by step function. This will send a close command if the gates are in the open position.

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(20-01-2014, 09:29 AM)Shropshire fella Wrote: Hi everyone.

Cheers.