Thread Rating:
  • 283 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
Bracket mounting for moovo XW432Pe
Hi all,
i have spent a good few hours reading, reading again and then reading some more, the instruction on mounting the metal bracket on the wall/post to mount the motor to, and im very confused.
My gates are wooden gates with a hinge mounted on the post and gate leaf on the inside of the garden (hope that makes sence). now the difficulty i am having is working out at what angel the bracket should be at to allow the gate to open to between 90-110 degrees.
in the instructions it say to add C+D=A, but D is 0 or even possibly a -5mm. could anyone advice please. i can draw a basic diagram if my discription is poor.
Thanks
(09-01-2014, 12:34 PM)Suprabandit Wrote: Hi all,
i have spent a good few hours reading, reading again and then reading some more, the instruction on mounting the metal bracket on the wall/post to mount the motor to, and im very confused.
My gates are wooden gates with a hinge mounted on the post and gate leaf on the inside of the garden (hope that makes sence). now the difficulty i am having is working out at what angel the bracket should be at to allow the gate to open to between 90-110 degrees.
in the instructions it say to add C+D=A, but D is 0 or even possibly a -5mm. could anyone advice please. i can draw a basic diagram if my discription is poor.
Thanks

only pay strong attention to the a and b measurement they should both be a minimum of 150mm each
ok so can I just clarify with you.....
as long as A and B are a minimum of 150mm each from pivot it doesn't matter at what angle I mount the bracket together with regards to axis of rotation. I want it to be open between 90 and 110 degrees.
I have added a pic as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-01-2014, 09:10 AM)Suprabandit Wrote: ok so can I just clarify with you.....
as long as A and B are a minimum of 150mm each from pivot it doesn't matter at what angle I mount the bracket together with regards to axis of rotation. I want it to be open between 90 and 110 degrees.
I have added a pic as well.

Hi just to confirm i have attached our version of the geometry, note the measurements change for all types of different arms, but moovo is 150 x 150 please do not pay attention to the other measurements on this page as it is for a nice toona arm, hope this helps Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   Geometry measurements for NICE TOONA 4006.pdf (Size: 89.17 KB / Downloads: 958)
thank you so much! makes perfect sense now.
(10-01-2014, 01:47 PM)Suprabandit Wrote: thank you so much! makes perfect sense now.

thats good, if you need anymore help just post!
just want to say a massive thank you for your help. i installed them over the weekend and am chuffed to bits with them. the safety photocells are not yet connected as when they were only one leaf would open so for now they are disconnected but overall they are a great bit of kit. thank you so much!
kind of a bit gutted you guys dont do the roller garage doors which go with the electric roller otherwise i would be putting an order in shortly for one of them!
No problems you are welcome,
(14-01-2014, 11:25 AM)Suprabandit Wrote: just want to say a massive thank you for your help. i installed them over the weekend and am chuffed to bits with them. the safety photocells are not yet connected as when they were only one leaf would open so for now they are disconnected but overall they are a great bit of kit. thank you so much!
kind of a bit gutted you guys dont do the roller garage doors which go with the electric roller otherwise i would be putting an order in shortly for one of them!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounting Hampshireborn 0 2,766 27-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Hampshireborn
  moovo XW432 keeps powering down Paul 7 23,931 14-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  gate bracket setup sygates 0 16,273 18-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Last Post: sygates
  Moovo xw4 won't move the gates Jthorne 1 11,033 13-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Jthorne
  moovo Xw 4-5 key fob Range Brittany 1 9,521 04-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Sav