Thread Rating:
  • 299 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
Mitto Remote Fob wiring diagram ?

Hi All

I have Mitto 4 Fob in my car which operates both the gates and the two garage doors. I feel there must be a better way to "fix" the remote within the car in one position with a much better button to press rather than the tiny plastic ones on the remote.

So in simple terms i am trying to wire in an external button to the existing remote. I would then hide the remote behind the dashboard out of sight.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the remote itself or know if there are essentially two points on the PCB board that if connected then operate the remote - which essentially is what the switch on the remote does, it completes a circuit.

I have had a bit of a play to try and find them but its not proving easy and wondered if anyone else had done this ?

Any help appreciated

Darren
You can connect an external button (not switch) to the two bottom pins of each tactile pushbutton of your fob.
(11-09-2013, 07:52 AM)thm Wrote: You can connect an external button (not switch) to the two bottom pins of each tactile pushbutton of your fob.

Thanks THM

I have now isolated the two points you mentioned and indeed by connecting them it does operate the gate. I will now take the next step and find a suitable button to see if it can be wired in.

Many thanks

Darren

Job done !

I soldered three external switches directly onto the pcb board and then wired the LEDs in the switches to the courtesy light circuit.

Very please with the result and no more hunting for the fob.

Darren

Brilliant !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote control programming (china) drumow 1 12,445 10-05-2021, 09:30 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Copying BFT Mitto Remotes Dazza The Stag 2 36,005 24-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dazza The Stag
  Telcoma remote Commie 4 28,595 27-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Commie
  NICE ON2E REMOTE SPELLACEY 1 52,425 17-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Blakey111
Exclamation See here for programming instructions for remote controls before posting! easygates 2 44,904 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: mrblockpaving
Smile > Copy your old or discontinued remote controls with our CL400 copying remote! < easygates 0 17,647 20-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Last Post: easygates