Thread Rating:
  • 260 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
BFT Cellula 130 setup
Hi,
Just fitted a BFT system, Rigel 5 controller and cellula 130 photo sensors. The photo sensors between the gate posts work fine and reverse the gates on closing if interupted. the sensors inside the gate just will not communicate over 3 metres (supposed to work to 25). To prove it I connected the TX to a lead and walked it back from the RX and the red LED stays lit to about 3 metres (1 metre short of the mount) then cuts out - anyone got any ideas? the cable length to TX is only 2 metres from the Rigel 5 and the RX no more than 8.
Hi Have you checked the voltage you have at the cells? This will effect the range if low. If that is not the case, I would swap them out for the pair that are working between the gate posts. If they work ok in that position, then you will know that it is a problem with the wiring. If they still don't work then you have a faulty set of photocells.
Kindest Regards
Dave

(12-08-2013, 02:09 PM)Allenf Wrote: Hi,
Just fitted a BFT system, Rigel 5 controller and cellula 130 photo sensors. The photo sensors between the gate posts work fine and reverse the gates on closing if interupted. the sensors inside the gate just will not communicate over 3 metres (supposed to work to 25). To prove it I connected the TX to a lead and walked it back from the RX and the red LED stays lit to about 3 metres (1 metre short of the mount) then cuts out - anyone got any ideas? the cable length to TX is only 2 metres from the Rigel 5 and the RX no more than 8.
[quote='Blakey111' pid='6226' dateline='1376557299']
Hi Have you checked the voltage you have at the cells? This will effect the range if low. If that is not the case, I would swap them out for the pair that are working between the gate posts. If they work ok in that position, then you will know that it is a problem with the wiring. If they still don't work then you have a faulty set of photocells.
Kindest Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave,
I've swapped them out with the working pair and get the same result. I'm getting 25.9v to both TX and RX's. They are supposed to work at 20v so the next step is to by-pass the wiring I guess to see if that's the issue. The cable is in a very small underground pipe with the mains to the gate motor - perhaps it's interference - i'm beginning to suspect the controller - as all the wiring is new and it does work upto 2.5 metres before cutting out.

Al.

Thanks Dave,
I get 25.9v to both TX and RX sensors, swapped them out and got the same result. I've not bypassed the wiring yet but the voltage did occur to me - they are supposed to work at 20v.
The cables do run through a small 25mm pipe under the gates that was original although the wiring is all new. Don't think it's interference from the gate motor wiring though.
Will try to wire them directly to double check.
Al.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT Multi Gate Setup Help burns 0 7,626 13-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: burns