Thread Rating:
  • 283 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Liftmaster SLY 300
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help me please.

I moved home and inherited a Electric Gate which is fitted with a SLY 300 motor. The problem is that yesterday we had power cut...i managed to climb t ate and on the back of the motor there is a lock and a knob which i guessed was to manually open the gate i turned the knob and pushed the gate back all ok...

We were out of power for around 8hrs when we came home i closed the gate remotely and it closed ok. This morning i opened the gate ok but it wouldn't close..and there is now a humming noise coming from the control box ?....i ave looked on the liftmaster website and it states to turn to turn the knob and use a socket to turn something 180 degrees which i can not locate ?...i think maybe something in when i opened it manually and then remotely closed has caused te issue..

Could anyone please advise as its much appreaciated

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil, I think it may have been yourself I spoke to on the phone yesterday, however just to confirm, it sounds like you need a new capacitor for your system. This is the kind of behavior I would expect to see if the capacitor were to be out of action. Just needs replacing and you should be good to go! If not however, give us a call on 0845 054 5070 and we'll try and determine what the cause is.

(21-04-2013, 03:05 PM)Philg1965 Wrote: Hi

I moved home and inherited a Electric Gate which is fitted with a SLY 300 motor. The problem is that yesterday we had power cut...i managed to climb t ate and on the back of the motor there is a lock and a knob which i guessed was to manually open the gate i turned the knob and pushed the gate back all ok...

We were out of power for around 8hrs when we came home i closed the gate remotely and it closed ok. This morning i opened the gate ok but it wouldn't close..and there is now a humming noise coming from the control box ?....i ave looked on the liftmaster website and it states to turn to turn the knob and use a socket to turn something 180 degrees which i can not locate ?...i think maybe something in when i opened it manually and then remotely closed has caused te issue..

Thanks

Phil
(23-04-2013, 11:02 AM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi Phil, I think it may have been yourself I spoke to on the phone yesterday, however just to confirm, it sounds like you need a new capacitor for your system. This is the kind of behavior I would expect to see if the capacitor were to be out of action. Just needs replacing and you should be good to go! If not however, give us a call on 0845 054 5070 and we'll try and determine what the cause is.

[quote='Philg1965' pid='6146' dateline='1366553127']
Hi

Thanks

Phil

Hi

I am still having issues with my gate.The capaciator did nt work but i think it maybe the manual release. I turned it to open the gate by and and it moved fine.i closed with the remote without turning the knob back ?...

Would this jam the motor like ive stated above

Cheers

Phil

Hi
The Capaciator didn't work and i now think it could be the manual release ?..
When the power went out i turned the knob on the back and it went into manual so i could open the gate. When i closed and oen the gate again i didnt turn te knob back but the gate closed...woud this be the cause of my problems ?...i now cant get it into manual mode ?

Do you have spares forthe anual opener and diagrams how to fit ?

Thanks

Phil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liftmaster LA400 Defender 6 9,282 03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Torantrieb
  odd liftmaster scs300-24 scopie88 3 11,305 13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet Gateway Registration/Connection issues! Carmody 0 11,597 09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Carmody
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,458 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet gateway koen_dc 1 16,359 24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Last Post: RyanB
  Liftmaster CB1 gates started to open themselves telnet123 4 25,021 01-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pronosoft
  Chamberlain Liftmaster gate problem CB1 Armstrong 2 30,584 13-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Pop Alexandra
  Liftmaster sliding gate Kar1e 1 17,176 08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Liftmaster SCS300K - stop/go mtuk100 1 12,791 18-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  LiftMaster SUB300M + CB11 fault jonesy1991 0 10,769 25-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: jonesy1991