Thread Rating:
  • 325 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
1000A remote problem
My LiftMaster has worked without fault for a few years but yesterday morning the door would not open with either of my remotes. It still opens & closes with the wall mounted control.
I replaced the batteries & still no joy. I tried to reprogram them using the wall mounted control & then using the orange button on main door opener. With both methods the light clicks on & off suggesting that it has reprogrammed but still won't work.
I have no idea what to do next - any help gratefully received.
Hi sorry I'm not sure what the problem is. It maybe faulty remotes or your control panel. I would suggest you ring Chamberlain direct on 01935 823900 and they should be able to diagnose the fault.
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(17-10-2012, 10:29 AM)easygates Wrote: Hi sorry I'm not sure what the problem is. It maybe faulty remotes or your control panel. I would suggest you ring Chamberlain direct on 01935 823900 and they should be able to diagnose the fault.

I've spoken to Chamberlain but was told it the problem could either be the circuit board or the remotes, but unlikely to be both remotes.

I have since found out that my neighbour (who has the same 1000A opener on my recommendation) has also got the same problem as me. We have worked out that both went wrong at the same time on Tuesday morning!

I've since been doing some research on the internet and apparently this could be caused by interference by other devices using the same 433 mhz frequency as the remotes.

Any ideas on what we can do about this problem?
(18-10-2012, 08:11 AM)macallan Wrote:
(17-10-2012, 10:29 AM)easygates Wrote: Hi sorry I'm not sure what the problem is. It maybe faulty remotes or your control panel. I would suggest you ring Chamberlain direct on 01935 823900 and they should be able to diagnose the fault.

I've spoken to Chamberlain but was told it the problem could either be the circuit board or the remotes, but unlikely to be both remotes.

I have since found out that my neighbour (who has the same 1000A opener on my recommendation) has also got the same problem as me. We have worked out that both went wrong at the same time on Tuesday morning!

I've since been doing some research on the internet and apparently this could be caused by interference by other devices using the same 433 mhz frequency as the remotes.

Any ideas on what we can do about this problem?

I bought a "Universal garage door opener remote control kit" from Amazon which works at a different frequency - 868.35 MHz instead of the usual 433MHz. It can be wired up to the manual wired opener.
I installed the Universal control kit at the weekend & it works fine. Not a solution I like but at least it works. As long as the manual wired opener works then this should work.
It's good option. Of course, if u don't wan't two types of remotes u can simply replace your unit with the same new. In that case u can use your old remotes only have to program them.
See, I think just try to Reprogram it once again, I wish it would definitely work Smile Smile
This is because I normally used to try this method when ever I used to have any kind of problems!! Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote disconnect? eugene11 1 5,811 05-12-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional Problem Upandover 1 15,744 27-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Upandover
  LM60 opener not responding to remote. Devs 1 19,837 11-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Devs
  Problem with Sly300 CB22 not closing Del 1 19,743 21-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Del
  LM 800a lamp problem jgj 1 20,194 23-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Mark