Thread Rating:
  • 261 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
How to program this wall mounted RF controll?
We moved house a couple of months ago, and we've got a RF garage door opener in the new place. We were given a remote key fob to open the door, but I noticed there was a white panel inside the house with two buttons on it. The previous owner didn't know what it was (although it has enough finger prints on it to suggest it has been used).

I popped the cover off and took it to bits, and it looks like a wall mounted RF panel. However, pressing the buttons does nothing and doesn't open the garage. I guess it must be programmable without physically connecting it to anything.

There's a pinhole on the front panel which leads to a tiny surface mount button, which I'm guessing has something to do with cloning an RF device. I've tried pressing this while holding the other buttons, whilst using the other keyfob button at the same time, in the hope that it would be able to clone it that way... but no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I could program this thing?

I've attached photos of the wall mounted PCB (front and back), the keyfob and wall mounted housing.

There's no obvious identifying features on the wall mounted PCB, other than a code on the back (0120981A). The keyfob is made by BFT, but the wall mounted remote doesn't appear on the BFT site and seems to be made by a 3rd party.

[Image: 5156d1344609478-garage-door-opener-progr...hoto-1.jpg]

[Image: 5157d1344609478-garage-door-opener-progr...hoto-5.jpg]

[Image: 5158d1344609561-garage-door-opener-progr...hoto-2.jpg]
This should be the PR2 two channel wall radio rolling code remote control from BFT.
The manual is here: http://www.bft.it/repository/prodotti/do...395_01.pdf but it will not help you much because what it says in essence, is that you will have to follow the instructions of the receiver to which it should be programmed. Therefore, you have to locate and identify that receiver in order to search for its programming instructions.

BTW, those batteries may need replacing (especially if the LED never lights up when pressing buttons)
(14-08-2012, 09:02 AM)kapagroup Wrote: This should be the PR2 two channel wall radio rolling code remote control from BFT.
The manual is here: http://www.bft.it/repository/prodotti/do...395_01.pdf but it will not help you much because what it says in essence, is that you will have to follow the instructions of the receiver to which it should be programmed. Therefore, you have to locate and identify that receiver in order to search for its programming instructions.

BTW, those batteries may need replacing (especially if the LED never lights up when pressing buttons)

Thanks! That's a huge help - I've replaced the batteries and the unit lights up ok, but still doesn't open the garage doors.

I've got a pair of overhead garage door openers and two key fobs. Would I need specific model numbers to proceed further and try to program the wall mounted one?
Yes, you should identify the operator and look for the relevant installation instructions. For example, for BFT EOS 120 these should be: http://www.bft.it/repository/serie/downl...100_01.pdf
Thanks, I'll check that out tonight Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  proteco q60a microcontroller program arashkhan 1 2,568 17-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Proteco Q60 AR ...Fob wont program Shane1 0 1,710 12-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Shane1