Thread Rating:
  • 406 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
PROTECO Q60S/R FAULT AND INSTALL
Hi
any one know of this unit i have installed it nothing operating very poor installtion commissioning info.
at moment there is a G and a large 0 not small.BUT THE FIRST IS LIKE AN O BUT ONE SEG MISSING OUT
i think i will have to check everything but this particular info does not come nout as error code it will not run or nothing .
help pleaseCool
Hi

The Q60SR control board for swing gates showing "GO" error means that the control board is receiving a constant start signal caused by a closed circuit across terminals 1 & 8 (manual start command). This can be caused by incorrect wiring of push button switches, intercom connections and loop detectors. Anything that starts the gate other than the remote control key fobs will generate a "manual start command".

I would first remove all wiring from just terminal 1. This will remove the "GO" error and the gate may start. If it does, wait for the operation to complete, then you will see "- -" on the screen (stand by mode). Once this is seen, re-introduce one connection at a time back to terminal 1 until you see "GO" appear and stays there. As long as you know which piece of equipment is identified to terminal 1, you will be able to pin-point the unit causing the short.

If you require further info, please contact us as Gate Motors - support@gatemotors.co.uk

Kind Regards

Gate Motors technical Support
01202 717191
(30-04-2012, 08:43 AM)Proteco_UK Wrote: Hi

The Q60SR control board for swing gates showing "GO" error means that the control board is receiving a constant start signal caused by a closed circuit across terminals 1 & 8 (manual start command). This can be caused by incorrect wiring of push button switches, intercom connections and loop detectors. Anything that starts the gate other than the remote control key fobs will generate a "manual start command".

I would first remove all wiring from just terminal 1. This will remove the "GO" error and the gate may start. If it does, wait for the operation to complete, then you will see "- -" on the screen (stand by mode). Once this is seen, re-introduce one connection at a time back to terminal 1 until you see "GO" appear and stays there. As long as you know which piece of equipment is identified to terminal 1, you will be able to pin-point the unit causing the short.

If you require further info, please contact us as Gate Motors - support@gatemotors.co.uk

Kind Regards

01202 717191

hi thanks it was a problem on that but manafactuers fault did not clear when i undone links so gone back for replacement.
thanks jeff
hello
i bought Q60S/R motor and control board and installed it, but actually i didnt find any datasheet or limit switch with it although it is mentioned on internet that it needs a limit switch to be connected betweenpins 5, 6, and 8. so shall i buy one my self or what
and the problem now is thet the motor does not stop when the door is totally closed or open but it continues untill the preprogrammed time ends.
can any one give me any ideas to solve this problem
thank you too much.
Smile
(05-05-2012, 11:07 AM)mohammed Wrote: hello
i bought Q60S/R motor and control board and installed it, but actually i didnt find any datasheet or limit switch with it although it is mentioned on internet that it needs a limit switch to be connected betweenpins 5, 6, and 8. so shall i buy one my self or what
and the problem now is thet the motor does not stop when the door is totally closed or open but it continues untill the preprogrammed time ends.
can any one give me any ideas to solve this problem
thank you too much.
Smile
there should be linit switches at start cycle and end cycle maybe magnet type but refer to installation instructions you have definately missed out there has to be one at both ends?allwys start in closed position.
is your gate slide or open type ?

(30-04-2012, 04:20 PM)jeffducati Wrote:
(30-04-2012, 08:43 AM)Proteco_UK Wrote: Hi

Kind Regards

01202 717191

hi thanks it was a problem on that but manafactuers fault did not clear when i undone links so gone back for replacement.
thanks jeff
was on key switch switch faulty closed instead of open.
thanks

Thank you very much for your help, actually i found that there was magnetic limit switchs (two magnets) but when i fixed them on the two sides of the sliding door and tried to program it i has a problem that when the door continue closing until arriving the end (the first magnet switch is now near to the motor and a FA is written on the screen) after pressing the remote control button the door start openning until the second magnet arrive near to the motor, again the FA sign appears on the screen but the motor continues openning until i stop it using the remote control. now again pressing the button on the remote control it will start closing again but just when it arrives the second magnet it gives the FA sign and stops, by clicking again it goes back (toward the openning direction) until i stop it. and clicking another time it starts closing but it does never pass the magnet switch unless i remove it.
the other thing that i noticed is that when i changed the position of the second magnet (a little bit up) another sign appears on the screen (that is the FC sign) and here while the door was openning it stops just when the second magnet arrives the motor and that sign appears. but again it doesnt start again unless i remove the magnet and when trying to control using the remote control unit it give me the G0 sign.
so have any one any idea about the correct function of this motor?
just normally it should open untill arriving the magnet and stop waiting an order to start closing until arriving the other magnet and stop waiting for un order to start openning again...etc,am i right?
im too much disappointed because of this problem.
can any one give me any idea
by the way i revised the connections and the progrmming codes and mostly it was ok .Rolleyes
thank you for your valuable help and advices.
Hi
now you have limit switches in are they in correct position?
one is low and one is high.
if you got a GO sign that means there is short on the switch that is wired into 1 and 8???
the fa and fc are just telling where the gate is opening or closing.if the gate is not stopping themn you must look at magnets are they in line?
are they in correct position all this is in the install manual.
i think your all to hell on installation.need to start from begining?
are u using infr sensors in opening or closing position?
have you got links in?
you must read all install wiring and commissioning?
jeff
(06-05-2012, 05:44 AM)mohammed Wrote: Thank you very much for your help, actually i found that there was magnetic limit switchs (two magnets) but when i fixed them on the two sides of the sliding door and tried to program it i has a problem that when the door continue closing until arriving the end (the first magnet switch is now near to the motor and a FA is written on the screen) after pressing the remote control button the door start openning until the second magnet arrive near to the motor, again the FA sign appears on the screen but the motor continues openning until i stop it using the remote control. now again pressing the button on the remote control it will start closing again but just when it arrives the second magnet it gives the FA sign and stops, by clicking again it goes back (toward the openning direction) until i stop it. and clicking another time it starts closing but it does never pass the magnet switch unless i remove it.
the other thing that i noticed is that when i changed the position of the second magnet (a little bit up) another sign appears on the screen (that is the FC sign) and here while the door was openning it stops just when the second magnet arrives the motor and that sign appears. but again it doesnt start again unless i remove the magnet and when trying to control using the remote control unit it give me the G0 sign.
so have any one any idea about the correct function of this motor?
just normally it should open untill arriving the magnet and stop waiting an order to start closing until arriving the other magnet and stop waiting for un order to start openning again...etc,am i right?
im too much disappointed because of this problem.
can any one give me any idea
by the way i revised the connections and the progrmming codes and mostly it was ok .Rolleyes
thank you for your valuable help and advices.

thank you very much for answering me, actually when i bought the device the seller has taken the installation guide so that i tried to find the nearest version available on internet (Q60S) and follow its instructions and thats why im having all these problems
for the position of magnets i found an installation guide in duetch language and tried to understand it but still have problems because i dont understand duetch
but actually i dont understand the openning and closing function of the door that much so im trying to fix the problems.
again thank you too much .
Cool 
[/font]Thank you very much for your continuous help and support. I managed to install the motor and it works fine now thanks to your valuable advices. just one tinny problem left as i think, that's when i started openning the door my friend tried to enter by his car, just when he passed through the infrared sensors the door inversed the operation and started to close. is that due to the connection of the closing and openning phase? shall i inverse them ? or is there any other possible reason?
plz help me to finish that last step.
[font=Times New Roman]
Hi
this indicates your photocells may be wired in the opening cycle rather than closing cycle (gate opens, safety beam breaks, gate closes) where as closing cycle is th egate opens, beam breaks, no reaction. Gate closes, beam breaks, gates react. Follow wiring diagram for closing cycle.

Kind Regards

Gate Motors Technical Support

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PROTECO Q60S BOARD DHOB123 0 7,013 02-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: DHOB123
  D5131GB FAULT Carlo 10 38,619 08-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Access-Control-Ltd
  Q60S/R - Error code "P" DanyJee 0 7,300 04-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: DanyJee