Thread Rating:
  • 240 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
Commissioning, Liftmaster Sub300, CB11,Daitem D5731gb
Hello

Have just got my gates operating.

System I have is a 2 wing gate, Liftmaster sub300M, CB11 controller, combined with a Daitem D5731GB Wireless system. System is operating with Remotes and wireless system.

I have few questions:

After the gates are fully open or closed, the motors continue to hum for about 15 seconds. Is this a problem? if so what have I to do to rectify problem.

The gates closes or opens even when I block the photocell beams, I am assuming this is not correct. The photocells I have fitted are the 771E/770E and are wired as per page GB-6 that is to terminal 23 and 24. Do I need to link out 21,22, and 23?

Some times I need to leave the gates in an open position, can this be done automatically, if so how? I now turn off isolator!!!.

Is there any other commissioning points need to be carried out?

All comments and advice appreciated.

Regards
sundial
[/color]Thank you for your enquiry the replys to you questions are below in Red

(23-04-2012, 12:31 AM)sundial Wrote: Hello

System I have is a 2 wing gate, Liftmaster sub300M, CB11 controller, combined with a Daitem D5731GB Wireless system. System is operating with Remotes and wireless system.

I have few questions:

After the gates are fully open or closed, the motors continue to hum for about 15 seconds. Is this a problem? if so what have I to do to rectify problem.

The Motors are over running they should over run by about 3 seconds this is what gives the holding force in open or closed possition. If they are over running by 15 seconds then you need to reprogramme the limits so they only over run by max 3 seconds otherwise this will lead to the motors heating up and wearing out quicker.

The gates closes or opens even when I block the photocell beams, I am assuming this is not correct. The photocells I have fitted are the 771E/770E and are wired as per page GB-6 that is to terminal 23 and 24. Do I need to link out 21,22, and 23?

If you have 1 x set of photocells i would wire them into just the close circuit ie pins 22 and 24 then the gates will revesre upon closing. You dont need to link out the unused circuits.

Some times I need to leave the gates in an open position, can this be done automatically, if so how? I now turn off isolator!!!.

The only way to achieve this is with a switch wired into the system accross pins 17 & 20 this will hold the gates open untill the switch is releases. By Isolating the power in the open possition the motors will get confused and over run when you switch power back on and cause wear or damage to the motors.

[color=#FF0000]

You need to check that the system is safe and complys with the EN Safety regulations please read through the attatched regulation guide which in EN Law regarding Electric Gates.

Any more questions please contact our technical
advisors who will be able to help

Regards
sundial

Attached Files
.pdf   GATE SAFETY LEGISLATION GUIDE.pdf (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 971)
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Hello Mark, Thanks for your answers to my questions, I have implemented your answers for question 1 and 2.see below

Would like to know how do I implement your answer 3, and what way will it be operated, would only want to have the gates to remain in the open position at certain times, do I use a relay (12 or 24v)

All help and assistance appreciated

Regards
sundial

Sean
johnf4@mac.com

=============================================
On 23 Apr 2012, at 10:07, Electric Gate Automation Forums wrote:

sundial Wrote: Hello

I have few questions:

Question 1. After the gates are fully open or closed, the motors continue to hum for about 15 seconds. Is this a problem? if so what have I to do to rectify problem.

Answer 1. The Motors are over running they should over run by about 3 seconds this is what gives the holding force in open or closed possition. If they are over running by 15 seconds then you need to reprogramme the limits so they only over run by max 3 seconds otherwise this will lead to the motors heating up and wearing out quicker.

Question 2. The gates closes or opens even when I block the photocell beams, I am assuming this is not correct. The photocells I have fitted are the 771E/770E and are wired as per page GB-6 that is to terminal 23 and 24. Do I need to link out 21,22, and 23?

Answer 2. If you have 1 x set of photocells i would wire them into just the close circuit ie pins 22 and 24 then the gates will revesre upon closing. You dont need to link out the unused circuits.

Question 3. Some times I need to leave the gates in an open position, can this be done automatically, if so how? I now turn off isolator!!!.

Answer 3. The only way to achieve this is with a switch wired into the system accross pins 17 & 20 this will hold the gates open untill the switch is releases. By Isolating the power in the open possition the motors will get confused and over run when you switch power back on and cause wear or damage to the motors.

You need to check that the system is safe and complys with the EN Safety regulations please read through the attatched regulation guide which in EN Law regarding Electric Gates.

Any more questions please contact our technical advisors who will be able to help

Regards
sundial

(23-04-2012, 10:07 AM)Mark Wrote: Thank you for your enquiry the replys to you questions are below in Red

I have few questions:

The Motors are over running they should over run by about 3 seconds this is what gives the holding force in open or closed possition. If they are over running by 15 seconds then you need to reprogramme the limits so they only over run by max 3 seconds otherwise this will lead to the motors heating up and wearing out quicker.

If you have 1 x set of photocells i would wire them into just the close circuit ie pins 22 and 24 then the gates will revesre upon closing. You dont need to link out the unused circuits.

The only way to achieve this is with a switch wired into the system accross pins 17 & 20 this will hold the gates open untill the switch is releases. By Isolating the power in the open possition the motors will get confused and over run when you switch power back on and cause wear or damage to the motors.

[color=#FF0000]

Regards
sundial

(24-04-2012, 09:07 AM)sundial Wrote: Hello Mark, Thanks for your answers to my questions, I have implemented your answers for question 1 and 2.see below

Would like to know how do I implement your answer 3, and what way will it be operated, would only want to have the gates to remain in the open position at certain times, do I use a relay (12 or 24v)

All help and assistance appreciated

Regards
sundial

Sean
johnf4@mac.com

=============================================
On 23 Apr 2012, at 10:07, Electric Gate Automation Forums wrote:

sundial Wrote: Hello

I have few questions:

Question 1. After the gates are fully open or closed, the motors continue to hum for about 15 seconds. Is this a problem? if so what have I to do to rectify problem.

Answer 1. The Motors are over running they should over run by about 3 seconds this is what gives the holding force in open or closed possition. If they are over running by 15 seconds then you need to reprogramme the limits so they only over run by max 3 seconds otherwise this will lead to the motors heating up and wearing out quicker.

Question 2. The gates closes or opens even when I block the photocell beams, I am assuming this is not correct. The photocells I have fitted are the 771E/770E and are wired as per page GB-6 that is to terminal 23 and 24. Do I need to link out 21,22, and 23?

Answer 2. If you have 1 x set of photocells i would wire them into just the close circuit ie pins 22 and 24 then the gates will revesre upon closing. You dont need to link out the unused circuits.

Question 3. Some times I need to leave the gates in an open position, can this be done automatically, if so how? I now turn off isolator!!!.

Answer 3. The only way to achieve this is with a switch wired into the system accross pins 17 & 20 this will hold the gates open untill the switch is releases. By Isolating the power in the open possition the motors will get confused and over run when you switch power back on and cause wear or damage to the motors.

Any more questions please contact our technical advisors who will be able to help

Regards
sundial

(23-04-2012, 10:07 AM)Mark Wrote: Thank you for your enquiry the replys to you questions are below in Red

I have few questions:

[color=#FF0000]

Regards
sundial

The only way to do this is either with a latching relay on the output of the lock release for the D5731GB (pins 1 & 2) I have not done this before as we don’t have any latching relay items in stock but electrically it should work.

Also to do this from remote control you would need a latching radio reciever same principle applies

EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LiftMaster Garage Door Problem Diagnosis easygates 0 8,436 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: easygates
  >>> CB11 F.A.Q and Quick Setup Guide <<< easygates 1 12,361 20-04-2010, 03:03 PM
  >> Liftmaster CB11 Support Diagrams << easygates 1 13,729 27-04-2009, 12:49 PM
  >> Liftmaster CB24 Support Diagrams << easygates 3 18,826 27-04-2009, 10:58 AM
  >>> Liftmaster CB24 Simple Setup Guide <<< easygates 0 8,410 30-03-2009, 04:27 PM