Thread Rating:
  • 307 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
RPM Reversal Diagnostic Error on Liftmaster LYN40024
I have been getting the diagnostic error "RPM Reserval" all the time and i do not know how to rectify this problem. The gate will not close or open properly. I have tried resetting the limits many times and the gates will bounce back after it has been opend or closed.
Does the setup allow you to set the limits by holding the direction buttons or does it move a few inches then stop during the limit setup ? If it does then RPM sensor is gone in the motor most likely due to wires being shorted. If Not then most likely brackets are incorrect and arm has strained the gears inside causing it to fight against itself.
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
(16-05-2011, 03:53 PM)Mark Wrote: Does the setup allow you to set the limits by holding the direction buttons or does it move a few inches then stop during the limit setup ? If it does then RPM sensor is gone in the motor most likely due to wires being shorted. If Not then most likely brackets are incorrect and arm has strained the gears inside causing it to fight against itself.
The setup allow me to set the limits by holding the direction buttons with no problem and the limits are set propoerly. However, after saving, either on closing or opening the gate will not stop and bounce back and give the RPM reversal error. Sometimes after trying a few times, the limits will not be set and i have to disconnect the system for a good number of hours and try it again, then the limit will be set but the gate will not work properly. Please advise what else i can do.

Mark, the setup allow me to set the limits by holding the direction buttons with no problem and the limits are set properly. However, after saving, either on closing or opening the gate will not stop and bounce back and give the RPM reversal error. Sometimes after trying a few times, the limits will not be set at all and i have to disconnect the system for a good number of hours and try it again, then the limit will be set but the gate will still not work properly and both closing and opening speed get very slow. What i am doing currently until i can resolve this problem is to manually stop the gate with the remote before it reaches the limit. In addition, does the arm needs to be oiled or greased? Please advise what else i can do.
Mark, the setup allow me to set the limits by holding the direction buttons with no problem and the limits are set properly. However, after saving, either on closing or opening the gate will not stop and bounce back and give the RPM reversal error. Sometimes after trying a few times, the limits will not be set at all and i have to disconnect the system for a good number of hours and try it again, then the limit will be set but the gate will still not work properly and both closing and opening speed get very slow. What i am doing currently until i can resolve this problem is to manually stop the gate with the remote before it reaches the limit. In addition, does the arm needs to be oiled or greased? Please advise what else i can do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liftmaster LA400 Defender 6 9,280 03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Torantrieb
  odd liftmaster scs300-24 scopie88 3 11,303 13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet Gateway Registration/Connection issues! Carmody 0 11,595 09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Carmody
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,456 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet gateway koen_dc 1 16,357 24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Last Post: RyanB
  Liftmaster CB1 gates started to open themselves telnet123 4 25,019 01-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pronosoft
  Chamberlain Liftmaster gate problem CB1 Armstrong 2 30,584 13-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Pop Alexandra
  Liftmaster sliding gate Kar1e 1 17,176 08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Liftmaster SCS300K - stop/go mtuk100 1 12,791 18-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  La412 RPM reversal error winter5470 0 5,774 28-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Last Post: winter5470