Thread Rating:
  • 343 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
BFT Hydraulic Ram
Can anyone please assist. I have recently moved into a property that has wooden gates operated by BFT Lux Hydraulic rams. I was aware that the gates didn't work and one of the rams was leaking. I have removed the ram and refilled it prior to refitting. I am aware any excess oil will drain through the bleed hole, however I have operated the gates a number of times and oil is still coming out.

I have contacted BFT and can buy a sevice kit for 9.48. Can anyone tell me what system is on the inside of the bleed hole and will there be something in the kit to fix the problem.

Can anyone please tell me if there are instructions available for service, I would also like to replace the ram seal.

Am I being optimistic attempting this, I am fairly practical and have serived items such as kent cylinders in previous employment.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Thank youSmileSmile
(19-04-2010, 08:33 PM)Rob1133 Wrote: Can anyone please assist. I have recently moved into a property that has wooden gates operated by BFT Lux Hydraulic rams. I was aware that the gates didn't work and one of the rams was leaking. I have removed the ram and refilled it prior to refitting. I am aware any excess oil will drain through the bleed hole, however I have operated the gates a number of times and oil is still coming out.

I have contacted BFT and can buy a sevice kit for 9.48. Can anyone tell me what system is on the inside of the bleed hole and will there be something in the kit to fix the problem.

Can anyone please tell me if there are instructions available for service, I would also like to replace the ram seal.

Am I being optimistic attempting this, I am fairly practical and have serived items such as kent cylinders in previous employment.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Thank youSmileSmile

Hi , I am also looking for service manuals and source of hydraulic seals. Were you succesful in your search?
Hydraulic Arms can be very difficult to repair as it is a specialized process. When an Hydraulic arm pops its seals it then runs dry and damages the piston and will be very difficult to make it seal afterwards. If you arms are BFT arms I would contact BFT direct as these are the only people I know who could repair the arms for you
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bft hydraulic gate problem richh 4 22,243 23-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Last Post: RyanB
  BFT Gate Below Ground Hydraulic swing gates no pressure in one JoanneK 1 13,257 06-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sav