Thread Rating:
  • 348 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
BFT Sub Gate failure
Hi, our BFT Sub has failed again, it did this a few weeks ago and an engineer we used said it had no oil in it and topped it up. Today looking through the access hole there appears to be a lot of oil over the pump/motor. Could this be a damaged seal and can the motors be repaired.

The Gates are on a develpoment of 40 properties and do fail on quite a regular basis,our previous gate "maintainence" firm just replaced the motors each time but this is getting prohibitivly expensive.

Should we condider a different type of gate system for reliability, would a sliding gate system be more reliable? the gates open scores of times a day ?

Thanks in advance
Is there any locking on the gate? Sub is quite robust but if leaf is long can be easily forced.
www.webseb.co.uk

!!! Gate and Door Automation Engineers required (London, TW) !!!
sebabastek Wrote:, Yes there is locking on the gates. We have had three sets of sub motors since 2005. The leafs are not too long for the motors. They do get an awful lot of use, 40 houses, 2 cars each plus all other traffic. Should they be able to put up with this amount of traffic or is it poor instalation/maintainence.
Would a sliding gate be better /

Is there any locking on the gate? Sub is quite robust but if leaf is long can be easily forced.
Really hard to say... We have done Subs for estate with 400 flats and subs are working fine (two years now). But i think next time we will try Beninca DU.350N...
www.webseb.co.uk

As i mentioned in my post to this question in the other category, a non locking motor would help if seals are being broken.
http://www.gateguide.co.uk/FORUM/gate-fa...t-161.html
Thanks
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
hi , i have installed dozens of these subs and repaired many that other installers have previously fitted , the most common problem i have come across is when the hinges are not aligned with the pinion on the sub properly , i.e if you have two hinges on the gate and the pinion on the sub is out of line it creates unnecessary force on the operater especially the seals . hope this helps
if it working very often you should try *** system that's for hard working gates ,I installed many of them and working properly more than 5 years of course by the good and properly service.
(11-04-2010, 07:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Hi, our BFT Sub has failed again, it did this a few weeks ago and an engineer we used said it had no oil in it and topped it up. Today looking through the access hole there appears to be a lot of oil over the pump/motor. Could this be a damaged seal and can the motors be repaired.

The Gates are on a develpoment of 40 properties and do fail on quite a regular basis,our previous gate "maintainence" firm just replaced the motors each time but this is getting prohibitivly expensive.

Should we condider a different type of gate system for reliability, would a sliding gate system be more reliable? the gates open scores of times a day ?

Thanks in advance

If somebody need experienced worker in industrial ,garage door ,fencing systems,aluminium doors and windows let me know .I'm living in Nottingham my mail **** ***** ***** *****
I think this is more down to installation, application and maintenance than to equipment manufacturer.
www.webseb.co.uk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gate wont close issue MR_ROBOT 3 9,562 11-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 1,178 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 848 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 1,077 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 2,066 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT LUX2B Intermittent failure to open brookkr 4 8,016 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,735 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Parallel (or not) gate motors Ian Evans 1 2,445 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Thalia GSM gate opener SunnyB1 1 2,994 07-03-2022, 10:58 AM