Thread Rating:
  • 479 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average
not opening
its looks like an older version of the lower one.
it has the movement underneath with 2 electrical plungers to set the open and shut limits.

thanks
neil
nskeates Wrote:its looks like an older version of the lower one.
it has the movement underneath with 2 electrical plungers to set the open and shut limits.

thanks
neil

I assume that you have got Phobos BT L. New Phobos has got megnetic limit switches instead of mechanical - but to be honest it doesn't matter.

have you got capacitors connected to the controller? I'm asking because Phobos BT L is 24V DC so you do not need capacitors.

BFT List Price for Phobos N BT is £205.14 + VAT but i beleive you can find cheaper Wink

Cheers
www.webseb.co.uk

!!! Gate and Door Automation Engineers required (London, TW) !!!
is there anyway one of the little mechanical plungers could be faulty giving the wrong reading ?

where would the capacitors be wired into ?

thanks
neil
Capacitors are two quite big round tubes with two wires (can be white) – to be honest you can not miss them. They are wired in to the motor outputs.
One sensor can be faulty and if it is giving signal that gate is fully open leaf will not open. You can buy sensors separately (set of two). To test it the best way is to remove motor, remove motor cover and on the top you’ll find small board with terminals for sensors. Put meter across and check if sensors are working properly. There is a little hassle with it but it can be worth doing it. There is also option to rewire system as on Rigel 5 controller you can set opening and closing times instead of opening and closing to reach sensors (if it make sense).
www.webseb.co.uk

thanks, gives me a few things to check.

do you know if the plungers can be ordered on the internet ?

thanks
neil
Hi Neil,
First identify problem and rams correctly.

I'm not sure if you can buy them on the internet. We have replaced them once but we got them from manufacturer directly.

Good luck
www.webseb.co.uk

just a little update.

i took all the arm apart of the offending gate.

what i found is that 2 of the bolts that go right thro were loose and i also took apart the little mechanical stop plungers underneath. when i opened these i found they were all damp inside, i dried the bodies ok but not sure if any water has got inside little electrical switch.

when i put it the motor all back together and activated them for the first time they opened this time but would not shut !! so it is now doing the oposite to what it was doing before !!

could it be the switches playing up as that is only the real thing that i have messed about with.

one of the electrical switches body had turned white a little as if something maybe had burnt.

anymore help much appreciated.

thanks
neil
one - one of the sensors is faulty and you have swap them, this is why it doing the same but in opposite direction
two - something is wrong with cables - connections

Have you identify ram? Go to www.gates.uk.com there is section support -> manuals and download -> swing gate equipment
www.webseb.co.uk

morning,

thanks once again !!

the rams i have are the phobos L BT.

had a look at the manual for this ram and noticed it mentioned about setting the plunger position by listening for the click, so thought i would just go out the the offending side and adjust the stops, once i had adjusted the stops the gates wouldn't work either way, so i think it has got to be something to do with the plungers, either loose wire or one is faulty.

think i will order a pair. any idea roughly how much these cost ?#

thanks
neil
Hi,
sorry but i do not remember. But is i say £30-£40 i shouldn't be wrong Smile

Just one thing. Phobos L BT rams are 24VDC and you have got three cables +, -, and end of stroke control.
You told that you have got Rigel 5 controller which supplies 230Vac to operators

Maybe i do not understand something but how it has been wired in?

Cheers,
www.webseb.co.uk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 949 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT opening problem 8 45,404 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 2,995 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper jc.34@outlook.com 8 8,526 19-08-2022, 09:30 AM
  Strange opening problem Baz1981 4 81,819 15-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Last Post: SamA
Question Bft Rigel 5 Gates - Sticking when opening dannys1 3 57,857 23-04-2019, 10:11 AM
  BFT A 40 not opening tojo 0 6,025 06-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tojo
Question Bft Rigel 5 Gates - Sticking when opening dannys1 3 17,236 23-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Access-Control-Ltd
  Strange Gate Opening Issue scottc 5 29,482 09-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  BFT P7 Opening Time / Not Completing Stroke zootreeves 2 12,897 07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: zootreeves