Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hello from France
(27-12-2021, 08:10 PM)robograben Wrote: Hi all - I have just had a new driveway gate installed and have very little confidence in the local company who did the install of the DEA Geko electric motors (for various reasons).
So I'm here to try and get some understanding on the subject. I suspect I will need a lot of knowledge on this topic in the years ahead. Hopefully I'm not going to regret the upgrade.
Already the gates seem to have lost the plot as soon as the weather hit zero degrees C. And the slave motor does not have the earth wire connected. And the encoder connections are not being used which I thought was the point of using the Geko motors for a two-leaf swing gate? Anyway, I've clearly much to learn. Thx in advance.

Hi,

I would recommend getting another company out to come and see your gate setup, as if you have never dealt with electric gates / electrics before, it can be quite complex and sometimes dangerous. 

The earth should be connected, so should encoders. The system should be booked in for a service from a reputable company in your local area. 

-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Messages In This Thread
Hello from France - by robograben - 27-12-2021, 08:10 PM
RE: Hello from France - by JamieF - 04-01-2022, 10:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Totally flummoxed in France frexpt 1 5,121 02-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: JamieF