Thread Rating:
  • 152 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
How to periodically keep gates open ?? !!
Hello all

Hope someone can help.

We've just moved into a house with a BFT gate system (LUX FC 2B). We have no instructions just a remote Big Grin

Our problem at the moment is how to keep the gates open when we need them to stay open.

I've read that the remote can be programmed to either automatically open and then close, or just open and wait for the close command.

Ours are set to auto close - which we like.

However, with various trades arriving we need to periodically force them to stay open for the day.

I've tried standing in front of the sensor, which seems to stop them for a moment, but then two minutes later they shut.

There must be some knack to it since they were open when we arrived and when the guy from BT turned up they mysteriously stayed open.

Any clue would be very welcome!

Cheers, Tom.
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your enquiry, there are a few ways we can achieve this. Blocking the photocells would achieve the gates to be kept in the open position while they are still blocked. Another way you can get the gates to stop in the open position will be to turn off automatic closure so the gates will only open/close when t has been given a command for example off a remote. The third way we can do this is by installing a timer which would keep the gates in the open position for a set time but this would be programmed for the same times each week/day. Hope this helps and if you need any more info feel free to give us a call or reply via our forum.

Kind regards
Tim
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Hi Tim

Many thanks for the response.

This all makes perfect sense. 

But I'm convinced the way our current setup is configured will allow what we need without alteration. I'm wondering if the second button on the remote in some way allows it. (I just use the left hand button to open.)

It's just that on occasions the gates do seem to do what we want (but my ignorance of what is/isn't possible and how the remotes do/can function makes it difficult to judge).

Thanks again though for your response - much appreciated Smile

[/quote]
Hi Tom,

If you let me know which control board you are using i can have a look into it and see if we can change the logic for the radio remotes to be able to use a hold open function.

Kind regards
Tim

Hi Tim

Many thanks. I've actually worked it out via a process of trial and error.

If I wait until the gates begin to auto-close and immediately press the button on the remote they stop and stay open until I use the remote again.

Not sure why that works but it does Big Grin

Thanks for your help.

On a related note do you guys do intercom solutions that work with a BFT system? There's one in place but it doesn't work. (If so, is there anyone, in particular, I need to speak to?)

Cheers, Tom.
Hi Tom,

All our intercoms will work with a BFT system, i will post a link below showing you the intercoms we supply. There are a few different types audio only, video and GSM. If you wanted to give us a call on 01384569942 then we will be happy to talk you through them.

Kind regards
Tim

(12-03-2018, 02:36 PM)Tim Wrote: Hi Tom,

All our intercoms will work with a BFT system, i will post a link below showing you the intercoms we supply. There are a few different types audio only, video and GSM. If you wanted to give us a call on 01384569942 then we will be happy to talk you through them.

Kind regards
Tim

Thanks Tim

I'll certainly give you a call. Did you miss the link though?

cheers, Tom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,068 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  BFT LUX2B Intermittent failure to open brookkr 4 7,954 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  BFT Thalia ‘Hold Open’ hehasmoments 5 4,136 24-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,510 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Gates not fully closing stefen1978@hotmail.co.uk 2 2,660 10-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Best BFT for closed aluminium gates rafp 1 2,965 13-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT controlled gates open but don't close MikeJep 5 19,638 04-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Phobos N L BT one leaf won’t open BigJC 0 3,052 11-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: BigJC
  Rigel 6 - doors do not stay open Poweroftaxi 1 8,931 13-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Last Post: JamieF
  Gates not closing (BFT Thalia btl2 and Bft Desme) Joel23M 2 7,661 17-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Joel23M