Thread Rating:
  • 245 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average
Installing Nice photo sensors MC424
Hi I've installed a pair of Nice photo sensors Tx and Rx to the MC424 control board and used the STEP BY STEP terminal 15 and common 11 terminal.
The gates open, if interrupted, as they should.
I am unsure if this is correct - should I be using the PHOTO terminals? If so how as I cannot see any diagram....
Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

Seems like you're having a bit of a problem at the moment. Can you confirm the parts you are using.

1. Which photocell model?
2. Is the control panel definitely the MC824H?

I'm guessing the objective you are using the photocells for is safety?

If connecting the Nice Bluebus Photocells (MOFB or EPMB) into the MC824H, they should be connected directly into the Bluebus system.
(05-08-2016, 12:16 PM)Sav Wrote: Hi,

Seems like you're having a bit of a problem at the moment. Can you confirm the parts you are using.

1. Which photocell model?
2. Is the control panel definitely the MC824H?

I'm guessing the objective you are using the photocells for is safety?

If connecting the Nice Bluebus Photocells (MOFB or EPMB) into the MC824H, they should be connected directly into the Bluebus system.

Hi Sav

They are the standard photo sensors 2 terminals for Tx (24v) and 5 for Rx (24v, C,NO,NC) with Moon Control unit MC424, without Blubus.
I'm installing them for safety and convenience.

Thanks
Nash
Shame there was never a response to this seems its been asked three times - surely the answer (for someone that knows) is a simple one....
Hi davidja

I solved this eventually, sorry forgot to update the forum... never received any reply.
If I recall I used the opposite connections so I interchanged the NO and NC. It was a while back, if I get chance I'll confirm the connections I used to get it working.
So now as the beam is interrupted gate opens so we can walk or drive out. Then gate closes.
Hope this helps.
when using photocells on the MC424 for safety the NC and C relay connections are required to be used.
The connections you wire these into are either Photo or Photo1 and the common.

Photo = Only work when gates are closing, gates will stop and reverse.
Foto1 = Work when gates are opening and closing. When opening the gates will stop until the obstruction is removed and will then continue. When closing gates will stop and reverse
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
So can these same standard photocells work with a MC824H (not 424)used simply for safety? Or is bluebus the only option? I ask as I don't want the hassle of rewiring in another set of sensors.
(14-04-2020, 01:20 PM)RyanB Wrote: when using photocells on the MC424 for safety the NC and C relay connections are required to be used.

Foto1 = Work when gates are opening and closing. When opening the gates will stop until the obstruction is removed and will then continue. When closing gates will stop and reverse

Hi,
At the moment my gates stop and open when the photocell beam is broken if the gates are opening or closing. How do I 'tell them' that I only want them to stop and reverse when closing only, and for nothing to happen if opening?
All the best,
Ian
(31-01-2021, 06:06 PM)pembers Wrote:
(14-04-2020, 01:20 PM)RyanB Wrote: when using photocells on the MC424 for safety the NC and C relay connections are required to be used.

Hi,
At the moment my gates stop and open when the photocell beam is broken if the gates are opening or closing. How do I 'tell them' that I only want them to stop and reverse when closing only, and for nothing to happen if opening?
All the best,
Ian

Hi,

Depending on which model of MC424 you have the terminal number may vary however the terminal will be labelled photo in the manual. From your description I believe you are currently wired into Foto1, this will need to be moved to the Photo terimnal
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Hi, Sorry for my late reply RyanB.

Took the cover off and took a photo, my apologies its not a 424 but a 824 control unit.

The wiring wasn't done by me, just to let you know! lol

Is it a case of moving a couple of wires to get the 'gates stopping when the sensors are broken on the close only'?

Cheers for your help!

[Image: GT59xq1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice robus D400 smartphone control YOSH 1 516 05-03-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice MC800 Wiring issue Adamzsite 2 540 05-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  nice robus troubleshooting tarmongaidon 7 16,094 30-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: hasanova
  Nice photo sensor issue F210 and MC824H gates won’t operate Tantrum 1 1,511 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM
  Nice Robus RBA3c Wifi Relay Switch Wiring denis 1 1,996 01-11-2023, 09:45 AM
  NICE MC800 Factory Reset bg148 5 2,870 12-10-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Nice MCA1 stuck open after stop command Khooke 1 2,318 25-09-2023, 10:47 AM
  Nice transmitters - compatibility Noghar 6 6,588 10-10-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  NICE MC82H - connecting maglock grangerd 3 4,830 10-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Nice Robus Don't Auto Close!!!! Ali_1982 1 4,298 03-08-2022, 02:23 PM