Thread Rating:
  • 332 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
Liftmaster 5580 - Overunning Limit Stops
Hi - I have 2 5580s opening a pair of garage doors with canopy arms - both have worked faultlessly for a couple of years but one and now both are giving problems with the opening limit stop. When opened both doors now open fully but continue to run so that they bounce and end up partially closed again. Previously, both had been working perfectly and nothing has been adjusted. I have tried to use the adjuster to correct the problem - tho usually works but I have had no luck this time as the tiniest change makes a huge difference to the doors operation - the adjusters seem very sensitive. Can temperature affect the operation of the adjuster or do I need to replace the adjuster element of the openers. The manual tells me that 1 turn of the adjuster changes the opening by 2 inches - on mine, the slightest twitch makes a massive difference. One 5580 has been doing this for a year or so but has been correctable - the other one started only this week. Is it possible to redatum the limit stops and start again? Hoping for some help - happy to buy some new boards if required - Merry Xmas to all!
It could be the limits have been damaged or are jammed and are jumping on the screw adjusters. Your could take the cover off the motor to have a look to see if you can see any physical damage. Usually if you press screwdriver into the adjuster to hard it can bend the limits.

Other than that i would suggest contacting Andrew @ Liftmaster Technical Helpline on 01935 823900 to check see if he has a soloution.
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
(22-12-2011, 11:06 AM)Mark Wrote: It could be the Limits have been damaged or are jammed and are jumping on the screw adjusters. Your could take to cover off the motor to have a look to see if you can see any physical damage usually if you press screwdrive into the adjuster to hard it can bend the limits.

Other than that i would sujest trying Andrew @ Liftmaster Technical Helpline on 01935 823900 to check see if he has a soloution

Thank you - I will contact Andrew

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LiftMaster 800 Belt Richard B 2 9,909 20-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Richard B
  2 x LiftMaster 800 garage door openers Richard B 2 12,664 07-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Richard B
  Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional Problem Upandover 1 15,745 27-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Upandover