Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: FAAC Gate Openers (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE (/showthread.php?tid=6854)

FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE - Slick19000 - 21-07-2021

Hi.
I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates.
Everything was working perfectly until last week when the gates opened and closed ok but when the photocell was tripped the gates wont close unless you dial the number or flick the master switch.
I found the little white wire had broken off but cannot find the correct terminal to connect it back to.
Even with the wire not connected the gates open and close as they should. They only stop when the photocell is tripped.
Tearing my hair out in 30 degree heat.
Any help greatly appreciated.
I've images of the board and relay that triggers the sim card. Broken wire circled in red.

RE: FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE - JoeF - 09-08-2021

(21-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Slick19000 Wrote:    
Hi.
I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates.
Everything was working perfectly until last week when the gates opened and closed ok but when the photocell was tripped the gates wont close unless you dial the number or flick the master switch.
I found the little white wire had broken off but cannot find the correct terminal to connect it back to.
Even with the wire not connected the gates open and close as they should. They only stop when the photocell is tripped.
I've images of the board and relay that triggers the sim card. Broken wire circled in red.

Hi,

Hope you are well,

as colour code of cabling does not mean much in reality we will need to trace back where this wire had come from/ what it is connected to on the other end, would this be possible at all?

kind regards 
Joe

RE: FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE - aba gate solutions - 09-12-2021

strange as the photocells will only re open the gate during closing.
if you have the board set to semi automatic then they will not re close with out a pulse from somewhere, remote, gate control etc

RE: FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE - JamieF - 04-01-2022

(21-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Slick19000 Wrote:    
Hi.

Hi,

Do you know if this cable was used in the first place? As it might of never been used. If broken on one end, it should still  be connected into the board on the other end? If so, what terminal is this connected into? You can find this out by either belling it out, or simply tracing it back by hand.

-Jamie