Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
Gates Opening After Closing - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Automatic Gates - Help and Support (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Gates Opening After Closing (/showthread.php?tid=5423)

Gates Opening After Closing - tht7 - 15-04-2017

Hi,

I am having a problem with my FAAC gates (245 board). The issue is that the gates will automatically open on their own about 5-8 seconds after they are closed. It seems to be that if the gates have been open for a while (over half an hour) then they will not reopen on closing. However, if you open the gates, go through, and then close them, they will reopen. You have to repeat the process another 1-2 times until they decide to remain closed. The temperamental nature of it is a real head-scratcher.

Any ideas what could be causing this? The photocells aren't configured at the moment but I don't believe this would be the cause.

Any help massively appreciated!

RE: Gates Opening After Closing - gate-keeper - 13-10-2021

(15-04-2017, 07:39 PM)hi did you ever get this fixed, as i also have the same issue on a differnt board (BFT Libra ) my pair gates open again right away when they come to close and straight after a "Start" is sent to the board and the gates open? photocells all work as intended any help appreciated Wrote: Hi,

I am having a problem with my FAAC gates (245 board). The issue is that the gates will automatically open on their own about 5-8 seconds after they are closed. It seems to be that if the gates have been open for a while (over half an hour) then they will not reopen on closing. However, if you open the gates, go through, and then close them, they will reopen. You have to repeat the process another 1-2 times until they decide to remain closed. The temperamental nature of it is a real head-scratcher.

Any ideas what could be causing this? The photocells aren't configured at the moment but I don't believe this would be the cause.

RE: Gates Opening After Closing - lcpbarbosa - 30-07-2023

(13-10-2021, 04:47 PM)Hi,I having this same problem with faac 245 board. Did you guys found out the solution?  Thanks in advancegate-keeper Wrote:
(15-04-2017, 07:39 PM)hi did you ever get this fixed, as i also have the same issue on a differnt board (BFT Libra ) my pair gates open again right away when they come to close and straight after a "Start" is sent to the board and the gates open? photocells all work as intended any help appreciated Wrote: Hi,