Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
BFT Gate issue - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: BFT Automatic Gate Openers (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BFT Gate issue (/showthread.php?tid=5420)

Pages: 1 2

BFT Gate issue - wbryce - 05-04-2017

Hello,

Firstly great website, been looking over to see if anyone else has a similar issue. Basically I've had two service companies out and its been quite painful trying to get an answer on fixing an issue. One of our gates doesn't close over properly and its on a new BFT Sub R (now its 2-3 year old) but we face this issue every time servicing comes around and ask for it to be fixed only for it to run on.

One of the gates doesn't close over properly. It drives against the stop but theres no force holding it closed. Infact its slack. In the wind its either held open at its maximum gap or held closed. A video below will probably show it much better than I can explain it.

Is this a case of the gate not being seated on the sub properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would help keep a jack russel and border collie alive Big Grin

RE: BFT Gate issue - Automatic-TC - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 05:43 PM)wbryce Wrote: Hello,

Firstly great website, been looking over to see if anyone else has a similar issue. Basically I've had two service companies out and its been quite painful trying to get an answer on fixing an issue. One of our gates doesn't close over properly and its on a new BFT Sub R (now its 2-3 year old) but we face this issue every time servicing comes around and ask for it to be fixed only for it to run on.

One of the gates doesn't close over properly. It drives against the stop but theres no force holding it closed. Infact its slack. In the wind its either held open at its maximum gap or held closed. A video below will probably show it much better than I can explain it.

Is this a case of the gate not being seated on the sub properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would help keep a jack russel and border collie alive Big Grin

it looks quite easy to fix it ,control board have to be reprograming once again .
tell me when this problem back again after service ??

i wtch this movie once again with sound this time ,im wonder why in a half way whole gate starting to shaking up ???

regards

RE: BFT Gate issue - wbryce - 05-04-2017

The shaking started after I topped it up with fluid earlier, just need to bleed the air out which I only just noticed while recording the vid.

Its been persistent for 2 years. On the service two years ago the engineer was changing settings on the board and on the Sub-R to try and drive the gate against the stop and be held under pressure. I got the manual (Rigel5 board) and will have a look tomorrow at the run time for the sub and see if increasing it fixes it. Although I'm sure I tried this myself last year though and it didn't make a difference but I can't be sure so will try that again. On the last service during summer 16 the engineer hinted at taking the gate off and reseating so its within the drive area, this may have been an outside the box idea though whether its the easiest fix or the long way round i'm not sure.

RE: BFT Gate issue - MrDiagnostics - 30-04-2017

Hi WBryce,

Have you had any success with getting the gate fixed or, do you still have an issue?

Thanks
PAJ

RE: BFT Gate issue - wbryce - 01-05-2017

Still have the issues. Next plan is to remove the gate and reseat it on the assumption the gate has been installed on the spindle just outside of the full movement range, its a wild shot but only scenario I can think of given I've tried everything else, if that fails to work then more than likely its mechanical with the actuator

RE: BFT Gate issue - MrDiagnostics - 01-05-2017

Hi Wbryce,

Let us all know how you get on with it, and if that does solve the issue. Fingers crossed.

RE: BFT Gate issue - Automatic-TC - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 02:21 PM)wbryce Wrote: Still have the issues. Next plan is to remove the gate and reseat it on the assumption the gate has been installed on the spindle just outside of the full movement range, its a wild shot but only scenario I can think of given I've tried everything else, if that fails to work then more than likely its mechanical with the actuator

hi
can you open the engine box cover and check if there are any microswitch installed ?
try do observe the engine during the working time .There could be some issue

RE: BFT Gate issue - Aytek - 01-05-2017

Hi,

I have BFT Sub-R has been working fine for few years, and recently has started randomly behaving exactly with the same problem you describe. As the weather warms up it shuts ok though hasn't got the force to hold it close as it used to.

When I contacted the BFT registered maintenance guy, said the gears worn out and suggested they should be replaced! I can't believe that is the case, as it works on warm days.

I contacted BFT again this time they suggested hydroulic oil will probably need replacing, as over a period of time apparenly the oil becomes ineffective, which might be true and more believable as never had it changed to date.

So need to replace the oil to see whether that resolves the problem.

Has anyone any information on how to change the hydroulic oil?

Being underground, any way of doing this without lifting the gates off?

RE: BFT Gate issue - Automatic-TC - 01-05-2017

its good time to check gear condition ,if there is some oil leaking you will see it .

(i could imagine any problem with oil only when temp outside drop to minus 20 )

RE: BFT Gate issue - Aytek - 01-05-2017

There is no oil leak, also checked to see whether I could top-up with the hydrolic oil but it is full.

Any information/ help on how to replace the oil greatly appreciated, as I'm keen to eliminate suggestions to find a solution.
Many thanks.