Thread Rating:
  • 157 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Introduction & queries
Wink 
Hi Folks!

I am an electrical engineer, and am in the process of designing my own electric gate system using a PLC.

After many expensive quotations from electric gate companies, of which did not contain all of the hardware I want (GSM/ intercom access, long range rfid, current monitoring for collision avoidance) I have taken it upon myself to design, program and install a system with the functionality I need that still maintains the safety aspect required of a new system.

So, the wiring diagram is complete along with the PLC program. Now its time for the install. However, I have a question regarding cable burial.

For those who may have seen installs, or indeed carried out an install themselves; what type of conduit should I run the cable in and at what depth?

I have read many varying opinions on other forums but in my head I was looking to use PVC conduit buried a minimum of 18 inches with electrical tape above it. Does the type of cable within this conduit make a difference to conduit material or depth of burial?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Max

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self Introduction Karthick 1 4,950 18-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Mrsdrmer
  Introduction Stevedjefferson 0 5,394 16-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Stevedjefferson