Thread Rating:
  • 155 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
Strange Gate Opening Issue
Hi All,

I would be most grateful for your advice. My Dad has a BFT ELI 250 Kit, opening two gates. They have been working fine of late, but on Tuesday a strange issue arose.

My parents went out for the afternoon, opening the gates ok and watched them close fully after leaving. When they returned home, they found one side of the gates to be open. On using the remote to open the other side of the gates, the button which opens both gates did not appear to be working. They tried a second remote and the open swtich in the house, but the second gate would not open. A second button on the remote operates one side of the gate only (the side that was already open), and this appears to work ok.

I had a look at the control box yesterday (I have studied electronics previously) and was confused with what I found. When the second button on the remotes were pressed (I tried all three remotes for the system), the relays switched to allow the one side of the game to open, and the LED on the receiver unit flashed to show receipt of the remote signal. However, the first button on the remote did not do anything to the control unit, no LED flashing to indicate the signal received, or no relays switching. I checked all of the on-board fuses, and these were fine. No other obvious signs of components burnt out, all wires attached ok etc. I cannot see any obvious issue why the button for both gates will not work, same with the open switch inside the house.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!
(02-06-2017, 12:02 PM)scottc Wrote: Hi All,

I would be most grateful for your advice. My Dad has a BFT ELI 250 Kit, opening two gates. They have been working fine of late, but on Tuesday a strange issue arose.

My parents went out for the afternoon, opening the gates ok and watched them close fully after leaving. When they returned home, they found one side of the gates to be open. On using the remote to open the other side of the gates, the button which opens both gates did not appear to be working. They tried a second remote and the open swtich in the house, but the second gate would not open. A second button on the remote operates one side of the gate only (the side that was already open), and this appears to work ok.

I had a look at the control box yesterday (I have studied electronics previously) and was confused with what I found. When the second button on the remotes were pressed (I tried all three remotes for the system), the relays switched to allow the one side of the game to open, and the LED on the receiver unit flashed to show receipt of the remote signal. However, the first button on the remote did not do anything to the control unit, no LED flashing to indicate the signal received, or no relays switching. I checked all of the on-board fuses, and these were fine. No other obvious signs of components burnt out, all wires attached ok etc. I cannot see any obvious issue why the button for both gates will not work, same with the open switch inside the house.

Many thanks!
hi

did you check voltage on engine output ??
i mean press the transmitter and check terminal output for engine .

be carefull with this !!!!!! or call electrician for help
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(03-06-2017, 01:50 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:

Many thanks!
hi

Hi, thanks for the email.

I've checked the voltage on both terminals when the buttons are pressed. When button two is pressed, voltage is applied to the single gate terminal only. When button 1 is pressed, no voltage is detected on either gate terminal. Both should be live, but they aren't.

This applied to all remotes and the manual gate opening switch in the house.
(06-06-2017, 11:54 AM)scottc Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 01:50 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:

Many thanks!
hi

I've checked the voltage on both terminals when the buttons are pressed. When button two is pressed, voltage is applied to the single gate terminal only. When button 1 is pressed, no voltage is detected on either gate terminal. Both should be live, but they aren't.

is this gate operator set are 24 V ?
did you check all fuses on control board
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(07-06-2017, 06:44 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 01:50 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote: [quote='scottc' pid='7314' dateline='1496401374']

Hi, the gates are 240V, and yes I have checked all of the fuses.
(09-06-2017, 08:53 AM)scottc Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 06:44 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 01:50 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote: [quote='scottc' pid='7314' dateline='1496401374']

Hi, the gates are 240V, and yes I have checked all of the fuses.

hi
for me its looks like control board trouble, that could be relay or anything else .i think its worth to call gate enginner .
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 789 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 491 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 752 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 1,712 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT opening problem 8 44,793 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,409 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 2,849 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper jc.34@outlook.com 8 8,200 19-08-2022, 09:30 AM
  Parallel (or not) gate motors Ian Evans 1 2,391 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Thalia GSM gate opener SunnyB1 1 2,947 07-03-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF