Thread Rating:
  • 178 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
SLY300 housing screws
Exclamation 
I have lost the 4 screws/bolts which hold down the housing on my SLY300!
Anyone know the length/thread details of these? I've looked thru my spares box with no joy?
Must be more careful in future
GrahamSad
(26-02-2017, 09:31 AM)sirocco Wrote: I have lost the 4 screws/bolts which hold down the housing on my SLY300!
Anyone know the length/thread details of these? I've looked thru my spares box with no joy?
GrahamSad

hi

its probly m5 screw

but i sugest to use caliper to check max hole diameter and depth
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(26-02-2017, 01:37 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(26-02-2017, 09:31 AM)sirocco Wrote: I have lost the 4 screws/bolts which hold down the housing on my SLY300!
GrahamSad

hi

its probly m5 screw

Thanks but it's closer to M4 but not a metric thread! I can get M4 started but only for a couple of turns before it locks up. I may have to drill and cut a new thread in the cast aluminium but wanted to avoid this if poss.
(26-02-2017, 04:10 PM)sirocco Wrote:
GrahamSad

hi

its probly m5 screw

Thanks but it's closer to M4 but not a metric thread! I can get M4 started but only for a couple of turns before it locks up. I may have to drill and cut a new thread in the cast aluminium but wanted to avoid this if poss.

hi

i know its not easy , if that opener is out of warranty maybe is worth to cut new thread .windy weather could bring you lots of trouble.

regards
Best Regards 
Tom 
Automatic-TC
(26-02-2017, 06:29 PM)Automatic-TC Wrote:
(26-02-2017, 04:10 PM)sirocco Wrote:
GrahamSad

hi

its probly m5 screw

hi

i know its not easy , if that opener is out of warranty maybe is worth to cut new thread .windy weather could bring you lots of trouble.

regards

Thanks for the advice - i'll get the drill out!