Thread Rating:
  • 202 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
MhouseKit WG2 Swing Gates
My gates just stopped working this morning and now just occasionally come to life but never fully open or close.

I've checked the lights on the control unit, and the only problem is the STOP light, it isn't constantly on which it should be, it comes on every few seconds just for a few seconds then goes off for about 20/30 seconds and then on for 5 to 10 seconds if you are lucky. So the gates don't open because they think there is a obstacle.

I've checked the photocells - the RX flashing normally and stays on when I place my hand in front of it, the TX, flashes normally but does not stay on when I put my hand in front of it - but I think this is normal. Neither Photocell does not have a light on which would indicated a fault.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this problem?

Many thanks

Chris
Dear Chris,
Do you have the manual with you?
You remove photo cells from the Ecs bus connector and Do the learning of connected devices, fig 32 on control unit press and hold P2 for 3 secs, then release. after few sec's stop Led must remain lit and led on P2 must be off.

If prob solved then check the Photo cells and the wiring.

Regards,

Ranjith Gunawardena

(13-11-2016, 03:27 PM)mousetarget Wrote: My gates just stopped working this morning and now just occasionally come to life but never fully open or close.

I've checked the lights on the control unit, and the only problem is the STOP light, it isn't constantly on which it should be, it comes on every few seconds just for a few seconds then goes off for about 20/30 seconds and then on for 5 to 10 seconds if you are lucky. So the gates don't open because they think there is a obstacle.

I've checked the photocells - the RX flashing normally and stays on when I place my hand in front of it, the TX, flashes normally but does not stay on when I put my hand in front of it - but I think this is normal. Neither Photocell does not have a light on which would indicated a fault.

Many thanks

Chris
Yes I do.

Many thanks for the advice. We carried out what you suggested but the fault still remained.

So we disconnected the connecting wires to the STOP input, as we couldn’t figure out what they were linked to and so what was stopping the gates from operating - and now fingers crossed everything seems to be working okay.

Kind Regards

Chris

(15-11-2016, 01:01 AM)rmgsecurity Sri Lanka Wrote: Dear Chris,
Do you have the manual with you?
You remove photo cells from the Ecs bus connector and Do the learning of connected devices, fig 32 on control unit press and hold P2 for 3 secs, then release. after few sec's stop Led must remain lit and led on P2 must be off.

If prob solved then check the Photo cells and the wiring.

Regards,

Ranjith Gunawardena

(13-11-2016, 03:27 PM)mousetarget Wrote: My gates just stopped working this morning and now just occasionally come to life but never fully open or close.

Many thanks

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mhouse left gate blocking full open when initialising gates neil.conner 1 1,166 24-08-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  Mhouse WS2 Gates not closing together pauln0301 1 5,207 13-04-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Michael