Thread Rating:
  • 289 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
NIce ME310 motors keep fusing
Hi, can someone please help. I have replaced x2 Nice ME310 motors a year ago and all been working fine until recently. They seem to be ok when the weather is dry but as soon as there is moisture in the air or rain they fuse in a particular position. The connections to the main junction box are dry so sure this is not the problem. I have unbolted the motors and looked at the bottom of the units and there does seem to be alittle corrosion, but I have put this down to them sitting in water in the ground from time to time when there is a downpour. I have submerged one of the boxes in water and the system did fuse. But now all has dryed out... it's still fusing. They do fuse the main house not just within the junction box but struggling to know whether the motors have penetrated water or it is something else. They are both only a year old! Any ideas?

Any help would be great or tests.

Thanks in advance
(29-08-2014, 06:48 PM)Andre007 Wrote: Hi, can someone please help. I have replaced x2 Nice ME310 motors a year ago and all been working fine until recently. They seem to be ok when the weather is dry but as soon as there is moisture in the air or rain they fuse in a particular position. The connections to the main junction box are dry so sure this is not the problem. I have unbolted the motors and looked at the bottom of the units and there does seem to be alittle corrosion, but I have put this down to them sitting in water in the ground from time to time when there is a downpour. I have submerged one of the boxes in water and the system did fuse. But now all has dryed out... it's still fusing. They do fuse the main house not just within the junction box but struggling to know whether the motors have penetrated water or it is something else. They are both only a year old! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Being an installer of gate automation I have seen this issue frequently on jobs that we have taken over. On initial install of underground motors one of the most important things which is often overlooked is to put in suitable drainage for the motors. Yes these motors are designed to withstand water but only for a limited amount of time because eventually water will get through the seals and damage your motor head. On each foundation case there are holes pre made in the sides, this is where the installer should put a soak away into eg conduit into a drain etc etc. And a good test to see if it is sufficient is to poor water into the foundation case (enough to fill it) and it must be gone within 20 mins. (Before motors are put in)
If drainage has been installed then on your annual service or something you should of been informed to undertake is to make sure the drainage isn't blocked from mud etc.
I'm sorry to say but this is something that manufactures will not replace under warranty (I no first hand as I was a technician for a leading one)
You have 3 options really, use then and let it keep tripping your RCD as soon as it rains. Leave them on manual override and have no automation, or call an engineer out who is recommended by a manufacture such as NICE CAME BFT etc.
I have been to many properties of poorly installed motors, and have seen them in for less than 3 months having this problem.

I would add that of drainage has been installed and is sufficient, then get your original installer to come out to you.

I hope this helps. These motors on a domestic property with an annual service should be good for 10 years.

Cheers
Matt
Hi Matt, this is great! Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will check out the drainage issue as I suspect this is where the problem has stemmed from.

Cheers

Andre

Hi, can someone please help. I have replaced x2 Nice ME310 motors a year ago and all been working fine until recently. They seem to be ok when the weather is dry but as soon as there is moisture in the air or rain they fuse in a particular position. The connections to the main junction box are dry so sure this is not the problem. I have unbolted the motors and looked at the bottom of the units and there does seem to be alittle corrosion, but I have put this down to them sitting in water in the ground from time to time when there is a downpour. I have submerged one of the boxes in water and the system did fuse. But now all has dryed out... it's still fusing. They do fuse the main house not just within the junction box but struggling to know whether the motors have penetrated water or it is something else. They are both only a year old! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Hi

Being an installer of gate automation I have seen this issue frequently on jobs that we have taken over. On initial install of underground motors one of the most important things which is often overlooked is to put in suitable drainage for the motors. Yes these motors are designed to withstand water but only for a limited amount of time because eventually water will get through the seals and damage your motor head. On each foundation case there are holes pre made in the sides, this is where the installer should put a soak away into eg conduit into a drain etc etc. And a good test to see if it is sufficient is to poor water into the foundation case (enough to fill it) and it must be gone within 20 mins. (Before motors are put in)
If drainage has been installed then on your annual service or something you should of been informed to undertake is to make sure the drainage isn't blocked from mud etc.
I'm sorry to say but this is something that manufactures will not replace under warranty (I no first hand as I was a technician for a leading one)
You have 3 options really, use then and let it keep tripping your RCD as soon as it rains. Leave them on manual override and have no automation, or call an engineer out who is recommended by a manufacture such as NICE CAME BFT etc.
I have been to many properties of poorly installed motors, and have seen them in for less than 3 months having this problem.

I would add that of drainage has been installed and is sufficient, then get your original installer to come out to you.

I hope this helps. These motors on a domestic property with an annual service should be good for 10 years.

Cheers
Matt
[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice robus D400 smartphone control YOSH 1 522 05-03-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice MC800 Wiring issue Adamzsite 2 546 05-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  nice robus troubleshooting tarmongaidon 7 16,105 30-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: hasanova
  Nice photo sensor issue F210 and MC824H gates won’t operate Tantrum 1 1,518 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM
  Nice Robus RBA3c Wifi Relay Switch Wiring denis 1 2,000 01-11-2023, 09:45 AM
  NICE MC800 Factory Reset bg148 5 2,875 12-10-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Nice MCA1 stuck open after stop command Khooke 1 2,322 25-09-2023, 10:47 AM
  Nice transmitters - compatibility Noghar 6 6,588 10-10-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  NICE MC82H - connecting maglock grangerd 3 4,830 10-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Nice Robus Don't Auto Close!!!! Ali_1982 1 4,298 03-08-2022, 02:23 PM