Thread Rating:
  • 297 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
Gate closing but not opening
Question 
Hi, I have a BFT Sliding Automatic gate with Deimos motor using Mitto fobs for remote opening / closing. Installed about 5 years ago. Gate is opening but not closing. It moves about 6 inches back to close and then gets stuck ? What should I check or look for please ? Simple instructions please I'm a woman ! ALL advice very Smile welcome.
Hi,
9 times out of 10 this kind of problem is down to one of the safety inputs i.e. photocells, disabling the control panel from operating. First thing to do is check the relay photocells, and that you can hear the relay tick when you pass your hand in front of the infra red beam. If you do not hear a tick, then the chances are that the relay is already being held open down to either a damaged cell or a build up of muck in the lens cover.
If you find to have faulty cells, then it is recommended to replace these asap. You can find an ideal replacement set at the following address:

http://easygates.co.uk/product_info.asp?ProductID=136

If this test does not prove to be successful, then you will need to take a look at the control panel and run through the diagnostics from the manual on there to see if there is anything else affecting the system.

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(11-06-2014, 11:17 PM)CAROL Wrote: Hi, I have a BFT Sliding Automatic gate with Deimos motor using Mitto fobs for remote opening / closing. Installed about 5 years ago. Gate is opening but not closing. It moves about 6 inches back to close and then gets stuck ? What should I check or look for please ? Simple instructions please I'm a woman ! ALL advice very Smile welcome.
Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Thank you Dave. Will try and let you know.

(12-06-2014, 09:26 AM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi,
9 times out of 10 this kind of problem is down to one of the safety inputs i.e. photocells, disabling the control panel from operating. First thing to do is check the relay photocells, and that you can hear the relay tick when you pass your hand in front of the infra red beam. If you do not hear a tick, then the chances are that the relay is already being held open down to either a damaged cell or a build up of muck in the lens cover.
If you find to have faulty cells, then it is recommended to replace these asap. You can find an ideal replacement set at the following address:

If this test does not prove to be successful, then you will need to take a look at the control panel and run through the diagnostics from the manual on there to see if there is anything else affecting the system.

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(11-06-2014, 11:17 PM)CAROL Wrote: Hi, I have a BFT Sliding Automatic gate with Deimos motor using Mitto fobs for remote opening / closing. Installed about 5 years ago. Gate is opening but not closing. It moves about 6 inches back to close and then gets stuck ? What should I check or look for please ? Simple instructions please I'm a woman ! ALL advice very Smile welcome.
Hi Dave

Problem solved. It was the spring that was disengaging from the bent "arm"....thank you for your help...Smile

(12-06-2014, 09:26 AM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi,

Kindest Regards,
Dave

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 903 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 608 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 865 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 1,812 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
  BFT opening problem 8 44,921 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,508 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
Exclamation BfT Sub R - No Closing pressure 1 Leaf Bushpig 2 3,070 23-05-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Bushpig
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 2,885 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Gates not fully closing stefen1978@hotmail.co.uk 2 2,660 10-10-2022, 10:07 AM
  BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper jc.34@outlook.com 8 8,256 19-08-2022, 09:30 AM