Thread Rating:
  • 250 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
First post - compatibility question
Hi All,

I used to have a Chamberlain opener at my old house with a retractable door and it was fine. I've moved to a house with a canopy door and want to get a Chamberlain opener with smartphone operation but the site recommends a liftmaster opener. Is it possible to go against the recommendation and use a chamberlain without issue?

Thanks,

Matt
Hi Matt,
Liftmaster are actually part of the Chamberlain brand, so in terms of quality of the product, they are on par with one another. If you have a canopy door, I would recommend the ML1000EV as this will have the power needed for the operation with a canopy adapter. The ML1000EV would require the MyQ starter kit to enable smartphone use, and also the canopy adapter for the type of door you have. (I would just ensure that you definitely have a canopy type door before purchasing. The spring should be located above the door horizontally and the rails should be positioned vertically either side of the door).

I have given links below to the kits available on our website which you would require. If you need anymore details on these products, please contact our technical dept. on 0845 054 5070.

ML1000EV:
http://www.easygates.co.uk/chamberlain-e...peners.asp

Canopy Adapter:
http://www.easygates.co.uk/product_info....ductID=579

Kindest Regards,
Dave

(07-06-2014, 07:36 PM)cojones Wrote: Hi All,

I used to have a Chamberlain opener at my old house with a retractable door and it was fine. I've moved to a house with a canopy door and want to get a Chamberlain opener with smartphone operation but the site recommends a liftmaster opener. Is it possible to go against the recommendation and use a chamberlain without issue?

Thanks,

Matt
Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products