Thread Rating:
  • 328 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average
daitem door phone and Proteco gate driver
Hello EasyGates

I need some help. Just some basic understanding about how these wireless systems work.

My client has a gate system driven by a Proteco controller. I have the instructions for this and have successfully got it working by remote fob.

The rams open and close the gates as programmed.

The gates open and close okay and the opto sensors work protecting against obstruction.
Now the problem bit.
There is also a Daitem door phone wireless keypad and controller.
What I need to know initially is, are these products compatible?
Is the Daitem controller supposed to open the gates by wireless means?

For example if I have a manual push button connected to the Daitem controller should that open the gates by radio antenna?

I just can't get it to work at all except by using the Proteco remote key fob.

Also having trouble with setting up the radio link from handset to controller.

I've tried setting the radio link but don't get the appropriate "long beep" to signify radio link success.
Can't get the call buttons to ring each other.

Also setting up the "badge reading" doesn't work as it should. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

But first things first, are these two products compatible?

Anyone with some experience of these products to give advice would be really appreciated. Present Daitem wireless system is an older version and has been on the wall for quite a few years but has never worked my client explained. We may have to buy the latest version with flip cover key pad but initially I need to hear from someone "in the know".

Pete Smithson (Electrician) peteygateman. Shy
Hi Pete,
the Daitem system you have consists of a call point, controller and handset. Within the controller, you will have a pair of contacts which offer a dry N/O contact which you should wire back down to the gates control panel into the control input. I have attached the manual for this for you to check all connections.
If the Daitem handset does not pair into the controller, then either there is an issue with one of the components at the callpoint, or the most common problem is that the handset may have been dropped and knocked off its frequency slightly. Either way, the only way we could test which component has gone is to test the system against a working system.
If the proxy badge is not being recognised by the callpoint, I would start by checking all connections between the front callpoint and the controller.
Kindest regards
Dave

(02-04-2014, 12:46 AM)peteygateman Wrote: Hello EasyGates

I need some help. Just some basic understanding about how these wireless systems work.

My client has a gate system driven by a Proteco controller. I have the instructions for this and have successfully got it working by remote fob.

The rams open and close the gates as programmed.

The gates open and close okay and the opto sensors work protecting against obstruction.
Now the problem bit.
There is also a Daitem door phone wireless keypad and controller.
What I need to know initially is, are these products compatible?
Is the Daitem controller supposed to open the gates by wireless means?

For example if I have a manual push button connected to the Daitem controller should that open the gates by radio antenna?

I just can't get it to work at all except by using the Proteco remote key fob.

Also having trouble with setting up the radio link from handset to controller.

I've tried setting the radio link but don't get the appropriate "long beep" to signify radio link success.
Can't get the call buttons to ring each other.

Also setting up the "badge reading" doesn't work as it should. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

But first things first, are these two products compatible?

Anyone with some experience of these products to give advice would be really appreciated. Present Daitem wireless system is an older version and has been on the wall for quite a few years but has never worked my client explained. We may have to buy the latest version with flip cover key pad but initially I need to hear from someone "in the know".

Pete Smithson (Electrician) peteygateman. Shy

Attached Files
.pdf   Programming Wiring Doorphone.pdf (Size: 818.08 KB / Downloads: 3,207)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proteco Advantage (Q60A) Error Code "03" CLAUDIOTX 3 17,854 26-09-2023, 05:32 AM
Last Post: max666
  Holding the Gate Open mgb 1 3,468 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  FAAC 740 Sliding gate Just closes or Stops Paul L 1 3,758 03-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
Exclamation Proteco Q60A stopped working xCO 0 940 19-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: xCO
  BFT gate and Hikvision wiring help Gowrie 0 3,377 26-05-2023, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Gowrie
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,299 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help j1000 20 16,199 15-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nemen3242
  gate stop broke - any spares=liftmaster 300 bomitie 2 4,026 04-05-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: bomitie
  Electric gate help PLEASE Be8st 5 6,041 18-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Proteco controller & ACT5e keypad - keeps tripping fclauson 4 3,848 26-08-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: JoeF