Thread Rating:
  • 259 Vote(s) - 2.95 Average
Q60R LED unstable
Hi

After 4 years of smooth operation, Q60S suddenlt stopped receiving signals from the remote. When I checked the status of the LED display, it was normal - - . When trying to press though A so to go to the radio function and reset the remotes, the LED was unstable displaying junk (e.g siwtching from 9 to 1 e.t.c). Only after a few tries I was able to scroll through the menu, but once I was pressing button B, same behaviour.

Would appreciate your help
Hi

It sounds like you have some voltage feedback there, we would suggest removing all adding devices from the system ie keypads, push buttons , intercoms etc. This should then bring the board back into a stable condition. Then re-introduce the devices one at a time until you can identify which particular item is generating the feedback.

regards

(27-04-2013, 02:23 PM)vangs Wrote: Hi

After 4 years of smooth operation, Q60S suddenlt stopped receiving signals from the remote. When I checked the status of the LED display, it was normal - - . When trying to press though A so to go to the radio function and reset the remotes, the LED was unstable displaying junk (e.g siwtching from 9 to 1 e.t.c). Only after a few tries I was able to scroll through the menu, but once I was pressing button B, same behaviour.

GateMotors.co.uk
Web : www.gatemotors.co.uk
Tel : 01202-717191
This may also happen in case the power supply provides the control board with a considerably reduced voltage. This voltage drop usually occurs when moisture penetrates the power supply cable sheath and begins oxidizing the conductors. When voltage becomes marginal for proper feeding of the control board, strange behavior of the control board is not uncommon. That is one of the reasons that using suitable cables (sufficiently resistant to moisture, exposure to UV etc) is critical for a good installation.

Thanks for your prompt response.
I disconnected the external parts but with no luck. Still exchibits the same behaviour.

(29-04-2013, 10:49 AM)Proteco_UK Wrote: Hi

It sounds like you have some voltage feedback there, we would suggest removing all adding devices from the system ie keypads, push buttons , intercoms etc. This should then bring the board back into a stable condition. Then re-introduce the devices one at a time until you can identify which particular item is generating the feedback.

regards

Thanks for the repply
Is it possible to point some places from the circuit where I can take some voltage measurements?

(29-04-2013, 02:55 PM)acsys Wrote: This may also happen in case the power supply provides the control board with a considerably reduced voltage. This voltage drop usually occurs when moisture penetrates the power supply cable sheath and begins oxidizing the conductors. When voltage becomes marginal for proper feeding of the control board, strange behavior of the control board is not uncommon. That is one of the reasons that using suitable cables (sufficiently resistant to moisture, exposure to UV etc) is critical for a good installation.

Your electrician could try feeding the control board with power coming from another line for the sake of testing (a cable of sufficient cross section, connected to one of the power outlets would suffice).