Thread Rating:
  • 295 Vote(s) - 2.69 Average
liftmaster CB11 hold gate open problem
hello, istalled this system about 4 years ago for a customer, works perfectly since...problem now is, customer wants to hold open the gates, to put bins out, or for guests arriving...this panel unbelievably does not seam to have this option...having spoken to easygates, i was informed that if a switch was connected between 17 and 20 and left closed, the gates would remain open, this is NOT the case, they still close at the end of the timing cycle...it was then suggested for 1 leaf opening, use carpark mode...i altered the dips for this, pressed switch, gates open and stay open....fantastic! except that all further impulces are ignored...so you cant close them!....this is rather annoying and embarrasing, as the customer must be wondering if i know what i am doing!...there must be a solution to this, if you know what its is, please help me!
the system as installed is CB11,RF module,chamberlin photo cells, impulse from video entry on 17 and 20 [via relay] output for drive lights [via relay] the addition is a single channel self contained remote and receiver with latching or momentary relays, purely to be used for manual open/close of gates [non timed] thanks[/size]
If you latch accross 17 and 20 it will hold these gates open in carpark mode. As soon as you take the short out from 17 and 20 the timer to close will kick in. This can be adjusted to suit at the top of the board on the 'Timer to close' dial. If you want the gates to behave as they normally do from the same remote, you will need a 2 channel receiver and a 2 channel remote. You could then program 1 channel to operate with a latching relay and the 2nd channel to use a momentary latching behavior. You could then choose how you want these gates to operate (Either stay open, or run through the full open/close cycle).

You will not be able to utilise the latching relay as a pulse to close whilst it is in carpark mode, but unfortunately this is the only mode you can use to hold the gates open. As soon as you send the signal to unlatch the relay, the timer to close will kick in though and the gates will auto close. If you need any further info, please see attached document.

(30-01-2013, 08:35 PM)sparkey Wrote: hello, istalled this system about 4 years ago for a customer, works perfectly since...problem now is, customer wants to hold open the gates, to put bins out, or for guests arriving...this panel unbelievably does not seam to have this option...having spoken to easygates, i was informed that if a switch was connected between 17 and 20 and left closed, the gates would remain open, this is NOT the case, they still close at the end of the timing cycle...it was then suggested for 1 leaf opening, use carpark mode...i altered the dips for this, pressed switch, gates open and stay open....fantastic! except that all further impulces are ignored...so you cant close them!....this is rather annoying and embarrasing, as the customer must be wondering if i know what i am doing!...there must be a solution to this, if you know what its is, please help me!
the system as installed is CB11,RF module,chamberlin photo cells, impulse from video entry on 17 and 20 [via relay] output for drive lights [via relay] the addition is a single channel self contained remote and receiver with latching or momentary relays, purely to be used for manual open/close of gates [non timed] thanks[/size]

Attached Files
.pdf   cb11-gb.pdf (Size: 929.99 KB / Downloads: 9,398)
thanks for your reply, as based on the info given before i bought the extra remotes, i only went for a 1 channel system, just for this one specific task...the customer allready has remote fobs and leypads for the gates and the 2 automatic garage door openers, so had no "spare" buttons on any of there existing fobs etc
i still cant quite get my head around this, the existing momentary contacts [from the entry system] are accross 17 and 20...from the new remote i connected accross 18 and 20 [for the pedestrian gate] and set to car park mode 1 pulse opened the gate and it stayed open [but could not close it] i then changed it to latch setting and tried again, closed the relay, the gate opened, i removed the latch, it still stayed open, [did not auto close]
as it says it ignores all further pulses, i can't work out how its meant to close...even if i did have a 2 channel remote to send another pulse...thanks,

(31-01-2013, 12:05 PM)Blakey111 Wrote: If you latch accross 17 and 20 it will hold these gates open in carpark mode. As soon as you take the short out from 17 and 20 the timer to close will kick in. This can be adjusted to suit at the top of the board on the 'Timer to close' dial. If you want the gates to behave as they normally do from the same remote, you will need a 2 channel receiver and a 2 channel remote. You could then program 1 channel to operate with a latching relay and the 2nd channel to use a momentary latching behavior. You could then choose how you want these gates to operate (Either stay open, or run through the full open/close cycle).

You will not be able to utilise the latching relay as a pulse to close whilst it is in carpark mode, but unfortunately this is the only mode you can use to hold the gates open. As soon as you send the signal to unlatch the relay, the timer to close will kick in though and the gates will auto close. If you need any further info, please see attached document.

(30-01-2013, 08:35 PM)sparkey Wrote: hello, istalled this system about 4 years ago for a customer, works perfectly since...problem now is, customer wants to hold open the gates, to put bins out, or for guests arriving...this panel unbelievably does not seam to have this option...having spoken to easygates, i was informed that if a switch was connected between 17 and 20 and left closed, the gates would remain open, this is NOT the case, they still close at the end of the timing cycle...it was then suggested for 1 leaf opening, use carpark mode...i altered the dips for this, pressed switch, gates open and stay open....fantastic! except that all further impulces are ignored...so you cant close them!....this is rather annoying and embarrasing, as the customer must be wondering if i know what i am doing!...there must be a solution to this, if you know what its is, please help me!

o.k been back to site, put it in carpark mode, the trigger from the video entry on 17 and 20 the new latching remote 18 and 20, all works as it should....the only thing that does not work is the trigger to close from the chamberlain photo cells after you have driven out, you have to wait for the timer to close....although they do work for safety, if operated while closing they open the gates.....just hope the customer does not notice this/complain about it!
(02-02-2013, 11:47 AM)sparkey Wrote:

o.k been back to site, put it in carpark mode, the trigger from the video entry on 17 and 20 the new latching remote 18 and 20, all works as it should....the only thing that does not work is the trigger to close from the chamberlain photo cells after you have driven out, you have to wait for the timer to close....although they do work for safety, if operated while closing they open the gates.....just hope the customer does not notice this/complain about it!

The Chamberlain/Liftmaster CB11 does NOT have a close after photocell function it has to close on timmer so it sounds like the System is working as it should. The close after photo function is not very safe.
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
See you can do one thing you can latch across 17 and 20 it will hold these gates open in car-park mode.This can be adjusted to suit at the top of the board on the 'Timer to close' dial.
I wish and hope that my suggestion would help you a bit!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My swing gates are stuck at 50% open jctrotting 0 70 25-03-2024, 12:41 AM
Last Post: jctrotting
  Liftmaster LA400 Defender 6 9,278 03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Torantrieb
  CB11 Multiple Keypad support Pigsfoot 1 2,136 12-08-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Michael
  odd liftmaster scs300-24 scopie88 3 11,301 13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Problem with delay time CB11 milan 2 10,801 04-10-2021, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DesmondVog
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet Gateway Registration/Connection issues! Carmody 0 11,593 09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Carmody
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,454 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet gateway koen_dc 1 16,354 24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Last Post: RyanB
  Loose gate stop but what wrench to use? bomitie 2 10,144 02-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Last Post: bomitie
  Liftmaster CB1 gates started to open themselves telnet123 4 25,017 01-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pronosoft