Thread Rating:
  • 263 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
BfT Rigel 5: antenna response distance down to 10 feet
Has anyone experienced why antenna that used to respond to remote 50+ yards on BfT Rigel 5 control box suddenly need remote as close to ~10 feet. We have 4 fobs and they all have same response so problem is not batteries which have been changed. I have replaced the antenna too.
Was hoping to avoid replacing complete control box...assuming that is the problem. Any easy solutions?
Thanks
(30-10-2012, 07:01 PM)plattsmarc Wrote: Has anyone experienced why antenna that used to respond to remote 50+ yards on BfT Rigel 5 control box suddenly need remote as close to ~10 feet. We have 4 fobs and they all have same response so problem is not batteries which have been changed. I have replaced the antenna too.
Was hoping to avoid replacing complete control box...assuming that is the problem. Any easy solutions?
Thanks

I would check the Antenna Coax cable for this as if it is kinked or knicked in any part then water will get into the cable and coax cable will act like a sponge absorbing water and making a short which over time will cut dow the range on the antenna.
Another soloution could be a high level of radio interference in the local area blocking your signals. This is harder to check as you will need radio scanning equipment to confirm this.
Or finally it could be the radio reciever on the system going faulty and losing range.

Easiest thing to check it un-wire the antenna and re check the range or replace antenna and re check
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximum distance bft A40 wire to the controller Etsgates 2 12,529 05-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sav