Thread Rating:
  • 396 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
ML700
Sad 
Just had an old remote die on me, less than 18 months old, left in the car, so never hammered. maybe this is why this square keyfob has been superseded by the bears paw?
Bought my ML700 for £80 out of B&Q. Best move yet. Am having trouble with the arm not being able to open the up 'n' over door fully, (horizontally) due to the geometry of the thing. If I ever get around to making a new arm that works as it should, I'll post details of the mod here. It would work on all similar types of ADO's (Automatic Door Openers, of course;-)
Lonely, here, innit?
It Sounds Like you have a Canopy type door on your garage which will have a large spring accross the top and vertical tracks. Canopy doors need to use the Chamberlain arm to make them work correctly however the ML700 motor is not really strong enough for this type of door they are most suitable for lightweight retractable doors (hence the budget price). If you have a canopy door you need to add the canopy arm to the system or think about a system that is made for that type of door like our 5580 canopy deals . More info can be found at this link :

http://www.easygates.co.uk/5580.asp
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Aaaah! That explains it Rolleyes
Cheers, I'll take a look around for one. I do have to say, though, that it was a really good buy, and has made my life sooo much easier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MotorLift ML700 or 850 blows plug fuses olliecat82 2 13,642 20-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Last Post: olliecat82
  ML700-GB - Rail support bracket peterworks 0 11,500 09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Mark