Thread Rating:
  • 374 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average
Fitting set of beams to control gates
I have a Q60A control box and have fitted a set of beams to open the gate on approach, but as you would know, if you give the open signal whilst the gates have opened and parked on the timer, you put the gates on hold, so if a second vehicle goes through the beam whilst in this condition the gates become parked open. But also if you open the gates with the remote then drive through the beam on your way in you get the same condition.
So my question is how can I stop the gates parking on double signal or can I wire the beams in some way that they won't send a signal (activate the gates) until the gates have closed again
(25-04-2010, 07:25 PM)davec. Wrote: I have a Q60A control box and have fitted a set of beams to open the gate on approach, but as you would know, if you give the open signal whilst the gates have opened and parked on the timer, you put the gates on hold, so if a second vehicle goes through the beam whilst in this condition the gates become parked open. But also if you open the gates with the remote then drive through the beam on your way in you get the same condition.
So my question is how can I stop the gates parking on double signal or can I wire the beams in some way that they won't send a signal (activate the gates) until the gates have closed again

Hi, I do not know much about the Q60A control board, but if you email me the manual if you have it then i may be able to help more.

you need to check the user manual to see if there is a function called car park mode, which means each signal given to the gates is an open command only, so it wont ever stop the gates, just keep the gate open a bit longer til the automatic close timer runs down, no matter how many times the beams are triggered, they will always close in the end.

hope this helps,
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(26-04-2010, 09:18 AM)easygates Wrote:
(25-04-2010, 07:25 PM)davec. Wrote: I have a Q60A control box and have fitted a set of beams to open the gate on approach, but as you would know, if you give the open signal whilst the gates have opened and parked on the timer, you put the gates on hold, so if a second vehicle goes through the beam whilst in this condition the gates become parked open. But also if you open the gates with the remote then drive through the beam on your way in you get the same condition.

Hi, I do not know much about the Q60A control board, but if you email me the manual if you have it then i may be able to help more.

you need to check the user manual to see if there is a function called car park mode, which means each signal given to the gates is an open command only, so it wont ever stop the gates, just keep the gate open a bit longer til the automatic close timer runs down, no matter how many times the beams are triggered, they will always close in the end.

hope this helps,

Thanks for your reply Ste. but looking at the instructions, I can't see anything about car parking or similar.
I have sent you 4 attachments i.e. 4 pages of installation instructions to peruse.
If all fails I wonder if a module of some kind would be available for retro fitting.
Thanks for your help so far.
Regards, Dave C.
(26-04-2010, 06:58 PM)DaveC Wrote:

hope this helps,

Thanks for your reply Ste. but looking at the instructions, I can't see anything about car parking or similar.
I have sent you 4 attachments i.e. 4 pages of installation instructions to peruse.
If all fails I wonder if a module of some kind would be available for retro fitting.
Regards, Dave C.

Hi, had a look through your manual, i think the setting on this board is called 'multi occupation' which is default set to no. the setting is under the parementer menu 'P 2'. Try changing this to yes and get back to me with the results.

Thanks

(30-04-2010, 09:08 AM)easygates Wrote:

hope this helps,

Regards, Dave C.

Hi, had a look through your manual, i think the setting on this board is called 'multi occupation' which is default set to no. the setting is under the parementer menu 'P 2'. Try changing this to yes and get back to me with the results.

Thanks

Thank's for your help Ste. I will report back a.s.a.p.
I originally contacted PROTECO via their web site, but they did not bother to reply, maybe they are lucky and have to many customers to bother about customer relations, I will know who to buy from next time.
Regards, DaveC.
(04-05-2010, 10:49 PM)DaveC. Wrote:
(30-04-2010, 09:08 AM)easygates Wrote:

hope this helps,

Regards, Dave C.

Thanks

Thank's for your help Ste. I will report back a.s.a.p.
I originally contacted PROTECO via their web site, but they did not bother to reply, maybe they are lucky and have to many customers to bother about customer relations, I will know who to buy from next time.
Regards, DaveC.

Hi Ste. you were on the button with your reply, I have changed P2 to "Yes" lo and behold it did the job, the only thing is, I can't now park the gates on the open position, but I suppose I could always switch off the power when required, unless you have another trick up your sleeve !!
Thanks once again,
Regards, Dave C.......
hi, that is a problem alot of people come across with alot of control boards. a way that might do it is if you wire a switch or somthing similar (like a latching keyswitch or latching keypad) to the start circuit then the gates should stay open when you press the switch.

Basicly if you keep the start circuit closed then the gates should stay open.

So even if you put a box over one of the beams they should stay open.

There is always your release key to use to keep them open if all else fails.

Regards

(19-05-2010, 04:16 PM)easygates Wrote: hi, that is a problem alot of people come across with alot of control boards. a way that might do it is if you wire a switch or somthing similar (like a latching keyswitch or latching keypad) to the start circuit then the gates should stay open when you press the switch.

Basicly if you keep the start circuit closed then the gates should stay open.

So even if you put a box over one of the beams they should stay open.

There is always your release key to use to keep them open if all else fails.

Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fried control board nickfr 3 282 22-03-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Came ZA3 gates stuck open Ivorwindybottom 0 258 18-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Ivorwindybottom
  Computer controlled control panel dsbhachu1 0 192 18-02-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: dsbhachu1
  Electric Gates with AllMatic BIOS2 Unit antsnaith 3 1,203 31-01-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: patronsecurity
  Came gates za3p Webby 4 8,820 07-01-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Simon NW
  TC fault code on Q60ar control board Skydive1710 3 3,294 20-11-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: NormanY
  Nice Gates not closing StuL 1 1,349 24-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Gates Opening After Closing tht7 2 9,459 30-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: lcpbarbosa
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,301 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  Came gates stuck open. Ring8180 7 16,652 23-02-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SamA