Thread Rating:
  • 479 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average
not opening
Hello,

i have some BFT phobos gates fitted which have developed a problem over the winter. I have got 2 6ft wide wooden gates operating of the system.

one side works fine but the other side will not open. when you press the fob button you will hear the noise of the motor starting but then it will stop, the tension will be taken up on that gate but will just not open.

i have tried putting the gates at the 45deg position in manual mode then activating them, both gates will work (so i know the motor is ok) but once it gets into either the open or closed position it will not work again. you just get the tension on the gate taken up and then nothing.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
neil
just a little update.

it seems the gate that is playing up will close but will not open. when listening with the control panel lid off when the first gate opens you get a loud click from something in the control panel but when the dodgey gate goes to open the click is alot quieter inside the control panel.

could it be something inside the control panel needs changing ?

any help appreciated.

thanks
Can be relay.
Try to swap motor outputs on the control panel and check if other motor (which now is fine) will be doing the same - what motors and controller you have got there?
I had similar situation with new install. Engineers called from site and told this is happening. I found lose wire in junction box (motors P7.5)
www.webseb.co.uk

!!! Gate and Door Automation Engineers required (London, TW) !!!
hello, thanks forthe reply.

i have the regil 5 control panel but how do i tell what motors i have ?

could you tell me where to find the motor outputs to swap over ?

thanks
neil
Hi,
manual for operator you can find here http://www.gates.uk.com/sites/default/fi...NLY%29.pdf

First check page 16, point 9.16 where you can find diagnostic.

Basically I would change 4-5-6 with 7-8-9. This would eliminate fault with controller. You should be able to do it with manual but if you are not sure what you are doing better call for someone who know how to do it.

If controller will be fine i would check cables - check all cables with meter if there is no any open circuit.
www.webseb.co.uk

Thanks, will give that a try tonight.

link does not seem to open properly, keep getting errors and cannot print it out !!

9.16 seems to be missing !!

thanks
sebabastek Wrote:Can be relay.
Try to swap motor outputs on the control panel and check if other motor (which now is fine) will be doing the same - what motors and controller you have got there?
I had similar situation with new install. Engineers called from site and told this is happening. I found lose wire in junction box (motors P7.5)

Try changing capacitors over to see if that narrows down the fault to a capacitor first of all as that seems quite likely.

i also agree with swapping the motors over on the control board, so motor one is connected to motor 2 and visa versa. if the other gate has the same problem then you will need a new control board as the relay is probably sticking. you could try hitting the relays with the plastic end of a screwdriver for a tempory fix.

if all of these fail, you may need a new motor.

Regards
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
nskeates Wrote:Thanks, will give that a try tonight.

link does not seem to open properly, keep getting errors and cannot print it out !!

9.16 seems to be missing !!

thanks

Sorry, should be 9.6 but anyway - it is on the same page.
Link works on my end...

easygate Wrote:Try changing capacitors over to see if that narrows down the fault to a capacitor first of all as that seems quite likely.
I agree - this you should check first.
www.webseb.co.uk

Hello,

thanks for the replies.

i tried swapping over the gate supplies and there was no difference, the same gate was still playing up. so i take it that means there is something wrong with the arm.

can you just buy a motor or do you need a complete arm ? any idea how much these would cost ?

thanks
neil
We do not know what motor you have got there. Before you buy new motor / arm check cables and connections.

What about photos bellow - can you identify your rams?

[Image: Phobos-operator.jpg]
[Image: domram.gif]

[Image: Kit-Oro.jpg]
[Image: domramo.gif]
[Image: Kit-Lux.jpg]
www.webseb.co.uk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 610 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT opening problem 8 44,925 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 2,885 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper jc.34@outlook.com 8 8,257 19-08-2022, 09:30 AM
  Strange opening problem Baz1981 4 81,567 15-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Last Post: SamA
Question Bft Rigel 5 Gates - Sticking when opening dannys1 3 57,634 23-04-2019, 10:11 AM
  BFT A 40 not opening tojo 0 5,991 06-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tojo
Question Bft Rigel 5 Gates - Sticking when opening dannys1 3 17,185 23-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Access-Control-Ltd
  Strange Gate Opening Issue scottc 5 29,377 09-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  BFT P7 Opening Time / Not Completing Stroke zootreeves 2 12,833 07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: zootreeves