Thread Rating:
  • 368 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Chamberlin Liftmaster Professional (CB24 & dual LYN400.24v)
Rolleyes 
New Systems, all powered up and not working!!!
The frustration, when your sure you've checked everything.

The Smile on your Face when when it all starts to come together :-)
(must not forget to say a BIG THANKYOU to Mark at Easy Gates for all his help, very swift resolution)

Symptoms
========
Power - ok
Wires/Connections - ok
Relays - click
Rams/Motors - Silent as a mouse.
Trouble shooting Guide tends to take you in the wrong direction

Troubleshooting
============
(1) If not using IR sensors - additional loop wire in "Closed Photo" on the right hand side of the board. Not there by default
(2) Follow the correct routine and save with the Dip switch_5 set to on (NC)

Result
=====
Fully working system
Many Thanks to the Gents at Easy Gates, Fast & Accurate Technical Support.
Mark, the setup allow me to set the limits by holding the direction buttons with no problem and the limits are set properly. However, after saving, either on closing or opening the gate will not stop and bounce back and give the RPM reversal error. Sometimes after trying a few times, the limits will not be set at all and i have to disconnect the system for a good number of hours and try it again, then the limit will be set but the gate will still not work properly and both closing and opening speed get very slow. What i am doing currently until i can resolve this problem is to manually stop the gate with the remote before it reaches the limit. In addition, does the arm needs to be oiled or greased? Please advise what else i can do.
(16-05-2011, 06:54 PM)Guest Wrote: Mark, the setup allow me to set the limits by holding the direction buttons with no problem and the limits are set properly. However, after saving, either on closing or opening the gate will not stop and bounce back and give the RPM reversal error. Sometimes after trying a few times, the limits will not be set at all and i have to disconnect the system for a good number of hours and try it again, then the limit will be set but the gate will still not work properly and both closing and opening speed get very slow. What i am doing currently until i can resolve this problem is to manually stop the gate with the remote before it reaches the limit. In addition, does the arm needs to be oiled or greased? Please advise what else i can do.

I had the same problem, drove me crazy. Finally diognosed it as being a faulty arm. Replaced it and its been working fine for the last few months.
Glad I managed to help first user with his problems glad to hear its all working.

Second user the Liftmaster system need gate stops in the open and close directions so if there are no gates stops the arms can move past their limits and jam up the limit sensor in the arm which will trigger the RPM error. Another problem could be the geometry is way out and the arm is fighting against itself causing the RPM Error. I would like to see photos of the install showing the brackets and hinges for the gate just to double check

EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Hi, I have just installed the la400 gate openers and can't get them to work! I have error code (7 red blinks) which is issue with photocells, have checked alignment and wiring but no joy. Decided to disconnect then in the hope that I could then test the gates worked but the only way I can get the arms moving is during the setup stage when you press all 3 buttons and then sort the travel distance, after that nothing, remotes don't work even though programmed!

1. Can gates work with out photocells?
2. If error with photocells does it shut down the circuit board so gates won't work?

Any help would be great

Carl

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liftmaster LA400 Defender 6 9,288 03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Torantrieb
  Difference: SCS300, LYN300, and LYN400? DevsAd 3 3,938 02-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: SamA
  odd liftmaster scs300-24 scopie88 3 11,309 13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet Gateway Registration/Connection issues! Carmody 0 11,601 09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Carmody
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,462 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet gateway koen_dc 1 16,363 24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Last Post: RyanB
  Liftmaster CB1 gates started to open themselves telnet123 4 25,026 01-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: pronosoft
  Chamberlain Liftmaster gate problem CB1 Armstrong 2 30,586 13-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Pop Alexandra
  Liftmaster sliding gate Kar1e 1 17,178 08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Liftmaster SCS300K - stop/go mtuk100 1 12,793 18-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC